Bread Machines

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
My wife’s RA is getting too bad to kneed bread dough anymore and she’s wanted a bread maker for awhile anyway. Anyone here have good recommendations?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
My wife’s RA is getting too bad to kneed bread dough anymore and she’s wanted a bread maker for awhile anyway. Anyone here have good recommendations?
Not sure if this helps, but I have something like this i got from my grandmother. Super old, but simple and easy. May not work with the wife's RA.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
the best
e04ce62cf3099f1f7dce0dc15912ccaa.png

Zojirushi Home Bakery Virtuoso Plus Breadmaker, 2 lb. loaf of bread, Stainless Steel/Black

zoji also has a 1lb model for 100 less

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>

I'm not a fan of bread machine bread, so I do no kneed.

Get her this book:

51mgUbcbXIL._SX400_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

A lot of people will use cast iron for the bake but I use oblong cloche. They are cheaper, can fit three in the oven and I like the bread shape better.

also proofing baskets

and dough rising buckets. Very easy to pump out very good bread that freezes beautifully.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Not sure if this helps, but I have something like this i got from my grandmother. Super old, but simple and easy. May not work witbthe wife's RA.

Yeah that’s pretty awesome and a few years ago she woulda been all about it, but not anymore.

• 1Like

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I'm not a fan of bread machine bread, so I do no kneed.

Get her this book:

51mgUbcbXIL._SX400_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

A lot of people will use cast iron for the bake but I use oblong cloche. They are cheaper, can fit three in the oven and I like the bread shape better.

also proofing baskets

and dough rising buckets. Very easy to pump out very good bread that freezes beautifully.
She wants it more for the whole process pre bake. She can’t kneed anymore. I got her a dough roller for Xmas but she’s having issues with kneeding now.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
We use this one and has worked rather well. It's used 2-3 times a week.

Hmm for some reason I don't see link but it's there.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
She wants it more for the whole process pre bake. She can’t kneed anymore. I got her a dough roller for Xmas but she’s having issues with kneeding now.

everything I posted is for no kneed. the only thing you have to do is mix the ingredients with your hand and wait, takes about 3 minutes, the next day you'll have to fold the dough on itself a couple times but it's no muscle work like kneeding at all, just literally grab it's side stretch it up over itself a few times.

but ya if that's not an option just go on amazon and get whatever brand you trust that's in your budget

• 1Like

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
No the Amazon basic one he linked up above.
The oster I’m worried will be in the loud side.
Anyone have one?

Thinking of going with this one, there’s a $25 coupon I can apply to it as well

CalmDo Bread Machine, 2.2LB Stainless Steel Bread Maker with Nonstick Ceramic Pot, Automatic Fruit Dispenser, 15-in-1 Menu Settings, 3 Loaf Sizes, 3 Crust Colors for Home Bakery

• 1Like

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
No the Amazon basic one he linked up above.
The oster I’m worried will be in the loud side.
Anyone have one?

Thinking of going with this one, there’s a $25 coupon I can apply to it as well

CalmDo Bread Machine, 2.2LB Stainless Steel Bread Maker with Nonstick Ceramic Pot, Automatic Fruit Dispenser, 15-in-1 Menu Settings, 3 Loaf Sizes, 3 Crust Colors for Home Bakery
theres only 1 more left of the cuisinart in stock, when i last checked it was 2

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I ended up going with this one. IT does a variety of other things I'd like to try as well, like make yogurt and jam as well.

I'll post up a review once I use it a few times. It wont be here till Thursday.

• 1Like