Bridge Constructor Portal - New Game from Valve

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I don't know how much the rest of you loved the first two Portal games, but it looks like Valve has finally released a 3rd game... kinda. They integrated the characters of Portal and the physics / portal technology into a Bridge Constructor type game. It's actually already available from steam. Coming to consoles soon enough.

I just heard about this today. Really happy. Can't wait to try it out.
Valve announces the return of Portal... via Bridge Constructor

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

bytes

Molten Core Raider
Does Valve even employ software engineers and game designers these days? Or is just Jeff from accounting who just can't find any more warehouses in the Washington area for the money stuffed mattresses and Darlene from psychological warfare who's hard pressed to make up another lootbox/paid mods scheme?

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 2 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
They're working on some VR games that nobody knows anything about yet (except that they aren't Half-life) and a card game based on DotA2 called Artifact that should be out soon.

Fucks given = 0.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Does Valve even employ software engineers and game designers these days? Or is just Jeff from accounting who just can't find any more warehouses in the Washington area for the money stuffed mattresses and Darlene from psychological warfare who's hard pressed to make up another lootbox/paid mods scheme?

Nah, just Jess getting arrested for sexual exploitation of a minor.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Gator

Molten Core Raider
This releases today for the PS4. Has anyone played it? Is it worth the $15? For some reason I feel like this will be a PS+ game in a year.

Szlia

I have not played it, but I saw it played and it felt a little tedious (as in solving the puzzle takes 3 sec and then you have to build the solution for 5 mins to get to the next puzzle... that you also solve in 3 sec, etc).

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
I have not played it, but I saw it played and it felt a little tedious (as in solving the puzzle takes 3 sec and then you have to build the solution for 5 mins to get to the next puzzle... that you also solve in 3 sec, etc).

Early on it kinda is. there's 60 levels i think if I remember right. First chapter (about 10 levels) is almost all tutorial and a bit of that. Where it's more just building the solution. After that there's a lot of levels that are a lot of trial and error. an example being having to set up a ramp at the right angles for either the vehicles, or the energy balls to A) avoid the vehicles and B) actually get in the receptacles to open. Or making sure the bridge can support the vehicle at the right angles etc. The 1 vehicle puzzle for each is fairly simple because you give no fucks if the bridges fall apart, but when you have to make them support up to 15 vehicles sometimes, plus portal trajectories etc. Whole different game. I still thoroughly enjoyed it, wasn't terribly expensive for the fun given. Plus you get bridge constructor with it (i haven't played it yet)