Chanur

Not Soygen
<Donor All-Stars>
42d 3h 22m
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: BrightBurn (2019)

Genre: Horror, Science Fiction

Director: David Yarovesky

Cast: Elizabeth Banks, David Denman, Meredith Hagner, Matt Jones, Jennifer Holland, Steve Agee, Becky Wahlstrom, Terence Rosemore, Stephen Blackehart, Jackson A. Dunn, Annie Humphrey, Christian Finlayson, Emmie Hunter, Mike Dunston

Release: 2019-05-23

Plot: What if a child from another world crash-landed on Earth, but instead of becoming a hero to mankind, he proved to be something far more sinister?

Reactions: chthonic-anemos

Chanur

Not Soygen
<Donor All-Stars>
42d 3h 22m
I didn't know this was a thing until today. It looks really interesting to me. I tried to search for this half a dozen times but I keep getting an XML error or something. I didnt see it in the last 3 pages.

Sumdain x

<Donors Crew>
8d 11h 46m
Yeah I some how got this mixed up with "prodigy" that comes out soon. I kept thinking damn, I thought it was more superhero based.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Donor All-Stars>
61d 16h 37m
"hey guys let's make an exact superman origin clone but he'll be a bad kid"

"k good idea but lets switch up his powers a little and mayb...."

thrownoutwindow.jpg

Caliane

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
28d 23h 21m
didnt we already have a thread on this?

anyway, what an interesting novel idea that has never been done before.

Vyemm Raider
34d 1h 15m
They should just make a full length movie for 'the flying man'

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
<Donors Crew>
29d 19h 2m
Red Son, kind of. But I’m not a comic book nerd so I don’t read any of these things.

Tarrant

<Moderation Tools>
10d 4h 6m
Yeah it's not groundbreaking original, but I like Gunn and it appeals to the comic nerd in me so I'll go see it.

StoiCynic

Lord Nagafen Raider
11d 5h 53m
Elizabeth Banks and Roy from the office, that just screams talent on a budget. Looks cool though, i'll check it out maybe probably.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
<Donors Crew>
4d 18h 54m
Eh. It's different. Nice to see a different spin on shit.

Caliane

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
28d 23h 21m
I have an idea how to make this not a total ripeoff, and be fairly clever.

Go full on with the parody flip.

After he goes on a rampage, and declares himself king of the world. An Alien invasion of peaceful superpowered aliens show up, and are confused why their emissary went on a rampage. Turns out he hit his head and got braindamage in the crash landing.

Reverse Goku/Irongiant him. Instead of alien invader that hit his head, and fights to save humans from the other invaders. The aliens were good guys, and hitting his head turned him into a monster.

Cybsled

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
11d 18h 32m
But then if you follow the DBZ formula, then the good aliens become evil also to fit in with not-Goku

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Moderation Tools>
24d 1h 30m
Just saw this preview. Not big into "true" horror, so the parody aspect and being a straight rip of Superman has perked my interests. Trails off Batfleck's mental attitude about the insane amd scary the power level of Superman is to the general populace.
I wonder if in the process of murdering everyone in this one, does he stop to sexually assault Lana Lang? Is his mom gonna have to kill him with a weapon/kryptonite from his spaceship? Does Bruce Wayne exist in this world? Is he equally fucked?

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database