Britannia

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
3.00 star(s) Rating: 3.00/5 1 Vote
Title: Britannia

Genre: Drama, Sci-Fi & Fantasy

First aired: 2018-01-18

Creator: Jez Butterworth

Cast: Kelly Reilly, David Morrissey, Nikolaj Lie Kaas, Zoë Wanamaker, Stanley Weber, Eleanor Worthington-Cox, Hugo Speer, Annabel Scholey, Julian Rhind-Tutt, Ian McDiarmid, Liana Cornell, Gershwyn Eustache Jnr, Mackenzie Crook, Barry Ward, Aaron Pierre, Callie Cooke, Joe Armstrong, Fortunato Cerlino

Overview: An epic drama set in 43AD as the Roman Imperial Army – determined and terrified in equal measure - returns to crush the Celtic heart of Britannia - a mysterious land ruled by warrior women and powerful druids who can channel the powerful forces of the underworld. Or so they say.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
[SERIES][TVPOSTER]
34kMkOvCuaVJ9DntejWi1mT5jdF.jpg
[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]Britannia[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE], [GENRE]Sci-Fi & Fantasy[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]2018-12-31[/RELEASE]

Overview: [PLOT]An epic drama set in 43AD as the Roman Imperial Army – determined and terrified in equal measure - returns to crush the Celtic heart of Britannia - a mysterious land ruled by warrior women and powerful druids who can channel the powerful forces of the underworld. Or so they say.[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

wanand

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Not sure why there been no post about it.

Watched all series 1 the other day, I thought it was very entertaining. I know a lot of people are complaining that it is not historically accurate but personally for me I am not bothered by that. The casting is good and story is decent, the locations look stunning in UHD.

Quite a lot of comedy in it for such a dark show, but it is not out of content and does not take away from the overall atmosphere for the show. My only complaint is that while it leaves nothing to the imagination in terms of gore and violence there is just not enough of it for my liking I was expecting more considering the era it is based on. There are no OMG twist moments and I don't think the writers tried to do that with the story, if they did they failed.

But worth a watch no doubt, if you don’t go in expect a G.o.T clone then you won’t be disappointed

Qhue

Trump's Staff
The story is rather uneven, but who doesn't love Ian McDiarmid chewing up the scenery as the Emp..err King.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Started watching this on Prime Video. It's pretty good. I love period piece stuff.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I don’t know why I never knew of the show, but my girlfriend found it and we’ve been watching it. We’re on episode seven of season 1 and I’m enjoying it so far.

Does the shows budget get crushed or something? Why didn’t I even hear about this show, Idk.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
A few different issues with the show in the US, I imagine. Amazon doesn't really promote the UK shows they host, outside of Prime, and then it is only for a short time when it is released.

For the show itself, the reviews paint a good picture for why is didn't take off.

In large part it is due to the decision to write a fantasy show, but still use a bunch of historical references in a bid to bring in a lager audience interested in history. So when said audience sees the name "Britannia" pop up, skims through the description, to see that it's about the Roman invasion and the Celt's that fought them, they give it a shot. Then they are hit with a show that has zero historical relevance, outside of the names of a few place and a few people.

Those people don't tell their friends and leave bad reviews.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database