Broken Age - Double Fine's Adventure Game Kickstarter - 1/28

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Backers got their keys for Act 1 of Broken Age today. Reviews are very positive.

The key features on Steam are hilarious.

Key Features:

- Pointing
- Clicking
- Original soundtrack, composed by Peter McConnell, recorded by the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra
- All-star voice cast, including Elijah Wood, Jack Black, Jennifer Hale, Wil Wheaton, and Pendleton Ward
- Dialog Trees!
- Some jokes. Unless you don't think they're funny, in which case we totally weren't trying to be funny.
- A whole bunch of awesome PUZZLES
- This one really hard puzzle that you won't get but you'll look it up online and not tell anybody
- All your hopes and dreams

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
Anyone else play this? Very solid. had a real good mixture of making me laugh out loud and feeling kind of down at points. Run of the mill point and click gameplay, Add ____ to _____ or give _____ to ______.

What the hell is up with the ending? Act 2 needs to come out soon

rasstapp_sl

shitlord
I'm with you Cabbit!

Solid game sofar, think I'm about halfway through. Humorous, classic gameplay, and strangely emotional. Looking forward to the rest.

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
yeah. got around to this. great art.
the girls story is far more interesting then the boys so far imo.

A bit short. Waiting for act 2 for a more complete game might be a good idea. it really does feel like it gets cut off. Bit cliffhanger as noted.

About the plot. not sure if anything changes with which order you play in. I did the boy first. which I think thematically read well.
some of it is fairly obvious. A few things that may have been missed. the Mogs come every 14 years. Shay is 14. He "matured" past the kids games, and "Marek" shows up to introduce him to newer more mature games. Marek is clearly still part of the ship making this fantasy for Shay. The "creatures" that Shay is "rescuing" are the village girls. And each location they warp too, is just another village.
The one that "got away" was Vella. while the first game you play, you only grab 2 and leave the 3rd behind. the cloud girl. To what ends? unknown. It might be interesting to note, Marek was more interesting in LEAVING, then grabbing ALL the girls..

I was thrown off by the Dead eye god. not sure what to make of him and his pyramid ship yet. Both claim to be on the same mission. Dandelions blowing seeds to the winds presumably.