Browser Plugins

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Sorry to start a new thread for this, but I've had a moderately difficult time trying to find/figure out a plugin/extension that will help me do the following:

I don't want to see tweets anymore.

I'm sick and tired of seeing them on every damned site. I don't care about what some random NPC says on that platform. I hate that they're linked so much here. I hate that it bothers me so much. If I want to see tweets I'll go on Twitter. (Sorry for venting, you might be able to tell it triggers me).

Lets just start with FoH. Is there a simple way to turn off whether I see a linked or quoted tweet? How can I filter them, toggle them etc. I've messed around with my browser before, to try and block scripts from being run, but can't seem to figure out how to turn it off for twitter specifically.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Also, if there are any useful plugins that you use for whatever reason, feel free to post them here. I'm all about customizing my experience when I'm browsing sites. (UBlock, Ghostery etc).

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Sorry to start a new thread for this, but I've had a moderately difficult time trying to find/figure out a plugin/extension that will help me do the following:

I don't want to see tweets anymore.

I'm sick and tired of seeing them on every damned site. I don't care about what some random NPC says on that platform. I hate that they're linked so much here. I hate that it bothers me so much. If I want to see tweets I'll go on Twitter. (Sorry for venting, you might be able to tell it triggers me).

Lets just start with FoH. Is there a simple way to turn off whether I see a linked or quoted tweet? How can I filter them, toggle them etc. I've messed around with my browser before, to try and block scripts from being run, but can't seem to figure out how to turn it off for twitter specifically.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Also, if there are any useful plugins that you use for whatever reason, feel free to post them here. I'm all about customizing my experience when I'm browsing sites. (UBlock, Ghostery etc).

I wouldn't be surprised if you can use something like ublock to just block anything from twitter.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I wouldn't be surprised if you can use something like ublock to just block anything from twitter.

Thanks for the help, I didn't think I could be that specific with Ublock Origin, but I managed to at least turn twitter off on this site. Which is a good start.

1653683882835.png

@Moderator or Admin Admin feel free to delete and/or lock this thread.

Edit: This was a helpful video

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Thanks for the help, I didn't think I could be that specific with Ublock Origin, but I managed to at least turn twitter off on this site. Which is a good start.

View attachment 414386

@Moderator or Admin Admin feel free to delete and/or lock this thread.

Edit: This was a helpful video
most of us have adblock turned off for foh b/c it breaks some things, foh doesn't have ads anyway, adblock just messes up some forum plugins, so don't be surprised if something looks weird or doesn't work

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Disabling cosmetic filtering solves most of the UBO problems here, which is also the same generic fix for youtube videos. FOH's problems are more script related with replies quoting plugins (like reddit videos that autoplay at max volume)