Browser

Sevens

Log Wizard
So got my new computer and have it all set up
Edge and Bing are default browser / search engine but Im not a big fan, was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on what to run. My last computer I had Firefox but have heard a few bad things about it so curious on what the big brain here thinks.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
just install firefox and chrome, it seems every 5 years one browser fucks up enough that the other is now better, atm chrome fucks up by limiting ad blockers ability to block, so back to mozilla

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
I use Brave and really like the syncing between desktop and mobile.

Also, it seems to be at least partially less ad-spammy then Chrome and Edge ever were.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
just install firefox and chrome, it seems every 5 years one browser fucks up enough that the other is now better, atm chrome fucks up by limiting ad blockers ability to block, so back to mozilla

Mozilla's apparently bent the knee and will be adopting Goolag's extension framework for...reasons (benefits of one universal standard? Goolag giving Mozilla a sweet pile of money as thanks?)

Brave's privacy and adblock options feel slightly less robust than UBlock Origin'd Firefox on medium mode/hard mode, but it's good enough for most situations, IMO. And while not perfect, Brave is also by far the least woke of the major or semi-major browsers - Brendan Eich was and still is CEO.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users