Bushwick (2017)

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Bushwick

Tagline: Fight for your city, block by block.

Genre: Thriller, Action

Director: Cary Murnion, Jonathan Milott

Cast: Dave Bautista, Brittany Snow, Angelic Zambrana, Jeremie Harris, Myra Lucretia Taylor, Arturo Castro

Release: 2017-08-25

Runtime: 93

Plot: In a Brooklyn neighborhood, 20-year-old Lucy and war veteran Stupe must cross a treacherous five blocks to escape an invading military force.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Wow. I've had this in my downloads for a while. Finally watched it today. Really, really good. Basically non-stop action from beginning to end. It doesn't pull punches, it doesn't have an (entirely) predictable ending, and it's fucking relentless and brutal. Like you won't be able to take a breath for the first 20 minutes or so. There's an eye-rolling political slant to it, but whatever, they needed some reason to have a plot. If you've been putting off watching this, give it a shot, you won't be disappointed.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
The premise sounded so fucking retarded (Texas seceding from the US, so preemptively attacking New York) I immediately passed it off. I guess if it has enough action to make up for that I can give it a shot.

Will report back.

• 1Barf

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
The premise sounded so fucking retarded (Texas seceding from the US, so preemptively attacking New York) I immediately passed it off. I guess if it has enough action to make up for that I can give it a shot.

Will report back.

That's the huge eye roll of the movie, but honestly it's just a plot device and barely touched upon. It could have been any other villain (North Korea, ISIS, whatever) and it really changes nothing about the movie.

Cybsled

If Texas seceded from the US, the obvious solution would be to build a wall around Texas.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Campbell1oo4

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is this some sort of SJW, "band of powerful, multiracial New Yorkers defeat redneck Texans with scary black rifles," bullshit?

• 1Like

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Don't watch this expecting the greatest effects or performances, it's like 'Hardcore: Henry' in that it's more of an entertaining ride instead of a deep and moving cinematic experience that will touch your heart and change the way you think about those different from you.

I enjoyed it, it wasn't terrible.

"You know, I'm no art critic, but I know what I hate. And I don't hate this." - John F. Kennedy

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Necro, but I felt it was so unbelievably bad, it's probably in my top 10 of movies I wish I had my time back on. I should have checked this thread and seen the only real fan being aychammo faggot wierdo.

Aside from the poor plot premise which can largely be overlooked. It's just flat out retarded as far as so many other interactions not making any sense. Girl that never knew how to use gun suddenly is making tough fast shots at end. Whole movie they have 2 handguns they never need to reload or anything meanwhile passing over dozens of rifles from downed enemies /citizens. Enemies that randomly don't see or hear people running 10 feet away like a bad videogame.

I watched it trying to appreciate it as just a b movie action flick but it even failed at that.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database