Call of Duty Modern Warfare II 2022

spronk

FPS noob
Its a sequel to the 2019 Call of Duty Modern Warfare, its not a remaster of the 360/ps3 classic MW2. Probably similar characters etc but new story setting

releasing Oct 28th, 2022. Beta on PS4/PS5.

will be released on Steam as well, seems to be moving away from battle.net on PC

FUvuJ6OWQAEW2iy

• 1Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
i slept on vanguard, zero interest in WW2 campaign, but might buy this if beta is good. 2019 Modern Warfare was really good and I think it introduced Warzone to the franchise.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
you can preorder on amazon and they'll send a beta code in a few days, then can cancel the preorder. not sure if beta is on psn only, usually they do a PSN beta exclusive weekend, then all preorders, then open beta weekend but who knows with activision nowadays. maybe you have to send them nudes before they will give you a key now

www.amazon.com/dp/B0B3GHCTQB/

spronk

FPS noob
interesting map design, I don't really remember playing on an F1 track before

open beta should start soon-ish if game releases Oct 28th

i haven't really played an FPS in nearly 2 years now beyond a few games of Halo and Warzone, might jump into this if the beta is gud

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
I got back in after years playing Cold War, but vanguard sucked so loud I skipped it entire. If this is goodish, I will probably get it. I like COD more than BF.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Mainly interested in this new mode they are trying to tease as tarkovish

• 1Worf

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
interesting map design, I don't really remember playing on an F1 track before

open beta should start soon-ish if game releases Oct 28th

i haven't really played an FPS in nearly 2 years now beyond a few games of Halo and Warzone, might jump into this if the beta is gud

That's a great map design, kind of excited for this. Sunk untold hours into the first one

spronk

FPS noob
beta next weekend for PSN users, a week later for xbox/PC users

its open beta after 2 days of closed beta, but its trivial to get a beta key - just preorder on amazon, wait until you get the key, then cancel the preorder. If the beta is fun I'll probably buy the digital game, skipped last years COD.

Either way the beta is open for absolutely everyone for at least 4 days so plenty of time to decide for yourself.

If you are an xfinity user you have a free beta key in your rewards

spronk

FPS noob
beta invites went out for PSN users who got codes, preordered, etc 25 gig download for PS5 version

unknown.png

• 1Worf

spronk

FPS noob
open beta on PS5 runs till tomorrow morning, then its on pc/xbox/psn next weekend as well.

i enjoyed my time, hit the level cap of 15 with just a few matches, unlocked a few perks and weps, nothing new or special honestly. Its basically Modern Warfare MP with minor refinements.

The coolest thing was 3d person moshpit they put in sunday, I believe its new to the franchise and makes lobbies where you play in third person mode, think Fortnite or Gears of War. Everyone is playing in TPS and it makes for a fun run n gun game, you still switch to FPS if you ADS.\

progression was super fast and easy, theres obviously gonna be endless shit locked behind battle passes and microtransactions but it all seems cosmetics for now.

Warzone 2.0 doesn't launch till like Nov and its F2P anyways, all buying this game gets you is the short single player campaign and multiplayer mode, don't think there is a zombies game this year but dunno for sure.

There are still a ton of game modes, a few were unlocked in beta but I just played 8v8 team deathmatch. I just wanna play COD a few times a week for 20-30 mins and then bounce and this scratches that itch perfectly.

Pagan

Lord Nagafen Raider
open beta on PS5 runs till tomorrow morning, then its on pc/xbox/psn next weekend as well.

i enjoyed my time, hit the level cap of 15 with just a few matches, unlocked a few perks and weps, nothing new or special honestly. Its basically Modern Warfare MP with minor refinements.

The coolest thing was 3d person moshpit they put in sunday, I believe its new to the franchise and makes lobbies where you play in third person mode, think Fortnite or Gears of War. Everyone is playing in TPS and it makes for a fun run n gun game, you still switch to FPS if you ADS.\

progression was super fast and easy, theres obviously gonna be endless shit locked behind battle passes and microtransactions but it all seems cosmetics for now.

Warzone 2.0 doesn't launch till like Nov and its F2P anyways, all buying this game gets you is the short single player campaign and multiplayer mode, don't think there is a zombies game this year but dunno for sure.

There are still a ton of game modes, a few were unlocked in beta but I just played 8v8 team deathmatch. I just wanna play COD a few times a week for 20-30 mins and then bounce and this scratches that itch perfectly.
Its a way different "feel" then the last few CODs. No more run and gun type of style as you need to be ADS 75% of the time. I like the gun leveling system now for the attachments but a little iffy on the perk system. I am sure lots of things will be updated and fixed before release.

spronk

FPS noob
i could run and gun pretty good with a shotgun in third person mode, esp if you max out the FOV you can sneak up on the ADSing guys parked at a spot and blow their brains out from behind. As more people figure it out though yeah, I imagine the run and gun game will be impossible since the small maps have so many routes

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
The last COD I played a ton of (and I mean a ton) was Cold War. Loved that game. This so far, plays quite opposite to that title in a bunch of ways but I'm slowly getting the hang of the different playstyle. Not sure I like it as well, but it's growing on me. Definitely picking this up on PC next month - no better game to hop in and out of a few hours a week for dumb fun than COD.