Canadian Political Thread

AngryGerbil

Speech Mythologist
<Donors Crew>
If we have maybe 5 Canadians on this board who did not hate Trudeau, I'd say I have enough hate to last for all 5 of them and myself at the same time.

He is the literal embodiment of all that is wrong. Maybe the worst leader in the history of the West. I dunno because that includes Caligula and Hitler. Still, he's in the running at least.

Lanx

Baronet of the Realm
57d 23h 41m
Manitoba ‘Star Trek’ fan files legal challenge after ASIMIL8 licence plate revoked

The email from vice-president Keith Ward to registrar of motor vehicles Carla Hocken on April 24, 2017, said approving the licence plate did not follow MPI procedures and required immediate action.
“We are considering serious disciplinary action for those who were involved and contributed to approving a plate that is so obviously inappropriate at a time when there was significant media coverage about the work of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission, etc,” Ward wrote.
“This is a very serious lack of judgment for those who were involved in doing the research and/or approving the plate for issue.”

Excidium

Lord Nagafen Raider
20d 7h 36m
If there was any doubt we were in the middle of a moral panic... jesus christ. The context for it's use is right in the picture and they're just bending over backwards to find offence and this is fucking conservative Alberta! :(
Manitoba which is full of the worst injens and do nothing’s of Canada. Look at how many dead Indians that get dredged from the waters around Winnipeg.

Foler

Jugs waz kangz
<Donors Crew>
The nihilism is strong with this one.
ROFL, notice how he said "partner." What a virtue signaling fag. He and his boyfriend can't have kids and he wants to write off not adopting a kid is the same as physically not bringing one into the world. :rolleyes:

Reactions: chthonic-anemos

OneofOne

Molten Core Raider
23d 17h 54m
My gal and I use the term partner/fiance interchangably, though we aren't technically engaged. As Dom mentioned, once you get past that boyfriend/girlfriend stage, what do you call each other? Neighbors do the same thing.

Gask

Molten Core Raider
25d 22h 36m
That was my point One & Dom. How long has that been the norm? I imagine that it's different in different places but when I was growing up that term wasn't used very much outside of referring to policemen and homosexual couples. In old movies as well romantic terminology was always specifically gendered apart from fiance and lover.

AngryGerbil

Speech Mythologist
<Donors Crew>
That was my point One & Dom. How long has that been the norm? I imagine that it's different in different places but when I was growing up that term wasn't used very much outside of referring to policemen and homosexual couples. In old movies as well romantic terminology was always specifically gendered apart from fiance and lover.
I'm a medic irl and everytime I refer to 'my partner' I am always confronted with at least one gay joke.

I am also married.

My partner is my partner, my wife is my wife. I guess that makes me a nazi?

Dom

Blackwing Lair Raider
Fiance was the appropriate term in that case but I understand what you mean.
Unless it had an older meaning, fiance means together while engaged. I'm talking about couples that have decided to not get married but pretty much live/act like a married couple anyway.

My brother and his partner (woman) have been together for 20 years without being married, and have two kids and own a home together.

And really, what man in their right fucking mind would want to get married in this day and age anyway? You're fucked hardcore if it falls apart. If your relationship wouldn't work without it being legally recognized, then it's not likely to work out anyway.