Captive State (2019)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
1.50 star(s) Rating: 1.50/5 2 Votes
Title: Captive State (2019)

Tagline: This is no longer our planet

Genre: Thriller, Science Fiction

Director: Rupert Wyatt

Cast: John Goodman, Vera Farmiga, Ashton Sanders, Machine Gun Kelly, Madeline Brewer, Alan Ruck, James Ransone, Kevin J. O'Connor, Ben Daniels, D. B. Sweeney, Jonathan Majors, Kevin Dunn, KiKi Layne, Ta'Rhonda Jones, Lizzy Leigh, Brian Bowman, José Antonio García, Marc Grapey, Alex Henderson, Otis Winston, Jackie Saland, Carey Jones, Mickey O'Sullivan, Giota Trakas, Rene L. Moreno, Mino Mackic

Release: 2019-03-15

Runtime: 110

Plot: Nearly a decade after occupation by an extraterrestrial force, the lives of a Chicago neighborhood on both sides of the conflict are explored.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
goodman being in this... the only thing i can think of is this being some monarch tie-in and it ends with godzilla fighting off aliens

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I have never heard of this movie, but I bet if I google the first 15 things that come up will be about how this is a "Brave look at POST TRUMP AMERICA"

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
it's about fighting back an (illegal) alien occupation, so the left won't touch this movie

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Movie is ok, you're not gonna miss much by skipping or waiting for streaming.

The Trailer definitely makes it appear more intense than it actually is.

The movie is about an insurgency 10 years after aliens came to earth and kicked our dick in so bad that we put them in charge of the planet so they would allow us to live. It's a story about the insurgents in Chicago following a failed insurgency attempt a few years earlier. Its mostly through the eyes of the insurgents, but we do see a few collaborators at work as well.

I didn't regret seeing it, but I see movies with AMC A-List, so something has to be really trash for me to regret it.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I watched it and thought it was "meh" at best. The story is very fast paced so you're always piecing stuff together. Since its fast paced you never really feel any attachment to the characters. If you miss the first 15 minutes of the movie, the ending will make no sense.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database