Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate HD - PSN - XBLA

Siliconemelons

Demo is very short, seems so far like a metroidvania with LoS visuals... They kinda cheaped out (at least in the demo) on story telling... I am to assume the part with Gabriel was some little mission before LoS yet- his model had the demon glove thing etc on... nitpicky

I will deff pick up the whole game before LoS2 comes out.

Siliconemelons

Loving this game so far, they could have expanded the story a bit at the begining- I am only a few stages in- feels a lot like Dracula X - with a smidge of SOTN in the Lords of Shadow World...also you get the LoS2 demo when you buy this...omg... bumping that thread to discuss it there.

Szlia

Played the demo of this and I was shocked at how ugly (I understand it's a 3DS port, but the problem here is art direction, not poly count) and poorly animated it was and how terrible the friction was (the feel of connecting with the enemies with the attacks, the feel of the weight of the character when jumping, etc). Since the story telling also seemed mediocre, I am surprised to see it getting some positive reviews.

Siliconemelons

The problems are from them trying to hold on to LoS-like stuff while being DracX-like in actual game play.

When they made the 2.5D or whatever you want to call it- Dracula X Chronicals for PSP during the interviews there was a lot of talk about addressing the feel of attacks connecting. It gets a lot of good reviews from those who did not like LoS and like that it is more like dracula x with a bit more of sotn in it. I really do not get why games cant convey story- I honestly think devs when dealing with a handheld game strip text and story scenes to pander to the "mobility" of the game, honestly... if its not a kids game then it most likely is not done on the go :)

The Demo was terrible in getting you to feel the game and get a taste of its goodness- the actual game even just a few stages beyond the demo are great. I agree that the swapping of visual styles is annoying as fuck- I get the cut-scene cell shaded vs standard...but there are times where you get an in-game encounter that is a quick bit of back and forth and it swaps to the cell shaded style, then flows you right back into realtime game play back to normal its like wtf?

This story should have been a console game done the same as LoS- but being a castlevania fanboy I will enjoy what content I am given.