Casual Conversation

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
Nothing serious, intense, depressing or euphoric here.

Just some general chit-chat.

How was your day?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I have to leave work early to meet the plumber at my house. I put in a new washer/dryer this weekend and the 30+ year old valve behind my washer started leaking when I turned it off. Plumber going to replace the valves. Normally I try to do any fix-it stuff on my own, but this involves torches/soldering and would prefer a pro did it.

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
I have to leave work early to meet the plumber at my house. I put in a new washer/dryer this weekend and the 30+ year old valve behind my washer started leaking when I turned it off. Plumber going to replace the valves. Normally I try to do any fix-it stuff on my own, but this involves torches/soldering and would prefer a pro did it.

I always try and do my own handyman work but I have three rules I abide by.

1. No electricity
2. No gas
3. No plumbing

I always leave those things for a dude with a nice round belly.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I have done all 3 of the above. Well, some basic shit. It always pains me to pay someone 2-3X the price of the parts if not more. Electrical still scares me and I will not be doing full rewires or any shit like that. But adding new circuit or adding new plugs/lights in basement is not hard as long as you read up a bit about current codes.

Gas shit can be scary, but I had a buddy that was in HVAC which installed my new furnace in old house for a lb of weed. And watching him work on gas pipes, etc, its pretty trivial. Took all the mystery and fear out of it.

Plumbing I despise, especially fixing leaks and shit, or installing new stuff under kitchen cabinets and such. Definitely tough work which I would not want to do for a living. The worse thing about plumbing is going to the store 20x for a job because youre always that one piece away from finishing. I did install a few hot water heaters myself before. End after you do one, its a piece of cake. Especially now that they have flexible shark fittings. Turns a few hour job into 30 min.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
The worse thing about plumbing is going to the store 20x for a job because youre always that one piece away from finishing.
This is exactly why I never do plumbing. Carl at the hardware store mocks me everytime I walk in for that other seal that was behind the first seal I spent an hour trying to find. What's that? You DIDNT get sheathing? Oh man.

Then he throws shade because I got "Fancy" fixtures.

Fuck you Carl.

• 6Worf
Reactions: 5 users

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
I am in the middle of a one-week gap in between two rent leases. I took a week off, but I'm busy trying to coordinate address changes on all my accounts, get utilities set up, etc. I hate moving.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Yeah moving sucks. I'm dreading my next move. I've lived here for over six years now I feel like I'm starting to accumulate random bullshit after being so good at throwing things away.

I don't have to go to work until Monday. Took the whole week off. Seeing four Phish shows in five nights. Good times ahead, people.

• 2Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Moving is probably in the Top 3 worst things about life that don't involve people dying.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Helped my wife's sister + fam move into a new place last weekend. They weren't very prepared but at least had movers for all the heavy stuff.

Moving definitely sucks, but we did it enough when i was growing up that I can knock shit out pretty quick.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Plumbing I despise, especially fixing leaks and shit, or installing new stuff under kitchen cabinets and such. Definitely tough work which I would not want to do for a living. The worse thing about plumbing is going to the store 20x for a job because youre always that one piece away from finishing. I did install a few hot water heaters myself before. End after you do one, its a piece of cake. Especially now that they have flexible shark fittings. Turns a few hour job into 30 min.

I used those flexible fittings when I replaced a water heater a couple of years ago. They started leaking about 6 months later. Then I paid someone to come in and do it professionally with pipe. I think it was a little bit me not being very handy and it being the first (and only) time I ever did something like that and a little bit they just kinda suck.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
You guys have those people at your local supermarket who block traffic while they wipe down their shopping cart with a wet wipe?

• 2Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I used those flexible fittings when I replaced a water heater a couple of years ago. They started leaking about 6 months later. Then I paid someone to come in and do it professionally with pipe. I think it was a little bit me not being very handy and it being the first (and only) time I ever did something like that and a little bit they just kinda suck.

Mine has been good so far, probably about a year now if not longer. I used them up north in my cabin as well, since we have freezing problems (no furnace). Shark fittings and flexible 1/2 tube. Before I had 1/2 pvc which was a mess if someone forgot to drain the cabin before winter.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
You guys have those people at your local supermarket who block traffic while they wipe down their shopping cart with a wet wipe?

Yep, every time. Germphobes are the worst. They wipe down the cart, then proceed to touch everything else in store that 20 people touched.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Story time.
The brand new dishwasher that I bought (6/13/2018)for my rental is polling water on the bottom, making a putrid swamp smell afterward. It is not draining properly. I believe the term is
called water back flow. So I purchased it from Home depot and they installed it, it worked fine, but the problem went unnoticed for one month because my tenant barely uses the dishwasher.

I've purchased the 5 year plan, and time professional installation ($99.00), so i went to complain to home depot. They agreed to send a technician to look at it. the technitian looks at this and says. "oh that is an installation problem , i cant help you." and goes back into the car.

Apparently the guaranties does not cover bad installation work.

jkKcO-4BWWsbfHhXSIUACYX_ZM3yHiYnon_Xb9yRs4zH6ylJeCVAJzSn2w70jYm_lakseICDyz765RKy9nx0w6-tw7fTeW70_GkzaDSvgTVP-gwMcMxZjA0rd5Z-WmRqXPGq9SVAQX13XtpWHiq11-HhOxDaXKjIR4IGYQkkSbIoO7TjugT33BClipArNRXQ5ylbrZSRWWIIWcGMfebBnGX6qjnzizMadc_ivL5xP2Bks6i7l_Y_bGQ7hz5fESczlSZ-NyWZ4gg4QmwaEXcxyh9I-TdEMxpCrFBqoWSSfDgL96ArzkEZgvPQEBajQi0_XkLB6HpFgOXsiNF-ENDNCfV74v6ZDrSUfJygKlTKrewtX6LvEx6GiDitbN97wB0hum-HyBD5VGzQyZEhuDiiJM5HvzVKv8aTMC7dzZ1vyhfOpoAX5hL5senlLEbf_7_9Inrv5zyCxOYlcQ1eb3KlEg1edSuWcdroHezS6CT2vBirTB-d5dTKOjC4KDdevsvfYWAsLdxEvmt-_28zadHxAiAFDvAa9fPulouj7bIPbTJ4ITzD4RPEDhi3NrgpUZzkC8FNWdW869BLkJpWoRAn3bSrl6-5h8l8b6asvRIm=w1011-h1347-no

So I go back to home depot once again, and sat with them for 2 hours, they are trying to get the installer company to come back, because its supposed to be done like this.

Dishwasher-Drain-Loop-Diagram.jpg

Installer company refuses because I took to long to report it (It was at the day 36, max was 30 days). So after some minor back and forth, the manager offers a full refund, and for me to buy a new one, with a new installation and new service plan. They will waive the restocking fee.

I never had that much problem with a brand new dishwasher before .

• 1WTF

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>

I agree, but you see a toddler throw up on a cart, a homeless dude wipe his snot on another and Jerry the clumsy fuck spilling white wine vinaigrette all over another and you start to sympathize.

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
Story time.
The brand new dishwasher that I bought (6/13/2018)for my rental is polling water on the bottom, making a putrid swamp smell afterward. It is not draining properly. I believe the term is
called water back flow. So I purchased it from Home depot and they installed it, it worked fine, but the problem went unnoticed for one month because my tenant barely uses the dishwasher.

I've purchased the 5 year plan, and time professional installation ($99.00), so i went to complain to home depot. They agreed to send a technician to look at it. the technitian looks at this and says. "oh that is an installation problem , i cant help you." and goes back into the car.

jkKcO-4BWWsbfHhXSIUACYX_ZM3yHiYnon_Xb9yRs4zH6ylJeCVAJzSn2w70jYm_lakseICDyz765RKy9nx0w6-tw7fTeW70_GkzaDSvgTVP-gwMcMxZjA0rd5Z-WmRqXPGq9SVAQX13XtpWHiq11-HhOxDaXKjIR4IGYQkkSbIoO7TjugT33BClipArNRXQ5ylbrZSRWWIIWcGMfebBnGX6qjnzizMadc_ivL5xP2Bks6i7l_Y_bGQ7hz5fESczlSZ-NyWZ4gg4QmwaEXcxyh9I-TdEMxpCrFBqoWSSfDgL96ArzkEZgvPQEBajQi0_XkLB6HpFgOXsiNF-ENDNCfV74v6ZDrSUfJygKlTKrewtX6LvEx6GiDitbN97wB0hum-HyBD5VGzQyZEhuDiiJM5HvzVKv8aTMC7dzZ1vyhfOpoAX5hL5senlLEbf_7_9Inrv5zyCxOYlcQ1eb3KlEg1edSuWcdroHezS6CT2vBirTB-d5dTKOjC4KDdevsvfYWAsLdxEvmt-_28zadHxAiAFDvAa9fPulouj7bIPbTJ4ITzD4RPEDhi3NrgpUZzkC8FNWdW869BLkJpWoRAn3bSrl6-5h8l8b6asvRIm=w1011-h1347-no

So I go back to home depot once again, and sat with them for 2 hours, they are trying to get the installer company to come back, because its supposed to be done like this.

Installer company refuses because I took to long to report it (It was at the day 36, max was 30 days). So after some minor back and forth, the manager offers a full refund, and for me to buy a new one, with a new installation and new service plan. They will waive the restocking fee.

You got a full refund outside of warranty time. With the way corporate America works, I'd call that a win brother.

• 1Like

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I’m slowly sinking back into a rut where I drink bourbon every night and play video games to escape from reality.

So good I guess?

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Story time.

dishwasher takes like 2 hours to install if it's your first time ever doing one, and probably less than an hour if you've done one before. slight fuck up letting some lowes doofus instal the thing.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
my zero turn mower front tire hit a nail, no one stocks 13 x 5-6 so fuck me, guess I won't be mowing for a couple days while I wait for amazon.

4th world problems