Cats

ahh run

Lord Nagafen Raider
1B8cL.jpg

1B8cL.jpg

1B8cL.jpg

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
girlfriend really wants a cat, i would rather not have one, but her little heart would smile if I got her one.
I work 14/14, so I don't have to deal with it all the time, but I'm looking for feedback for my fears:

Do they really spray cat piss everywhere/stink up your place for eternity, suck the souls/breath from your babies, or what? I feel as though cats are evil when I look into their souls, but maybe I've just never given them a chance. Any suggestions?

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
girlfriend really wants a cat, i would rather not have one, but her little heart would smile if I got her one.
I work 14/14, so I don't have to deal with it all the time, but I'm looking for feedback for my fears:

Do they really spray cat piss everywhere/stink up your place for eternity, suck the souls/breath from your babies, or what? I feel as though cats are evil when I look into their souls, but maybe I've just never given them a chance. Any suggestions?
You seem too retarded to keep a goldfish alive, don't ever reproduce.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Fuck cats. Fuck them so much. My goddamn cat broke his hip a few years ago, cost me a ton of money. He claws and chews fucking everything. Like charging your phone? Not in my house, shitcat will chew your charger. And somehow he doesn't die, I don't understand it. Motherfucker chews through big ass power cords and never dies. And his new thing was shitting in front of his litter box. Pristine, perfect, untouched cat litter in the box, big pile of shit in front of it. And he vomits everywhere from the shit he chews up. I hate him with the fire of a thousand suns and the only reason I haven't put him down yet is my goddamn wife. Fuck cats. fuck them.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>

Just like dogs, depends whether or not you get lucky or unlucky in terms of personality/temperament. Best you can do is get them while they are a kitten so you have the best possible chance of raising them right.

Had a cat for 13 1/2 years, she was a stray kitten when we got her. Didnt randomly meow at all hours, didnt claw/chew up anything, didnt shit/piss in the house, didnt jump all over the place or get on counters. Seriously was the perfect cat that had the temperament of a well trained dog.

Molten Core Raider

Get them spayed/neutered young and keep the box clean and they SHOULDNT (see above poster about personalities) spray/urinate everywhere, that behavior can be a sign of a medical issue. They dont suck the breath from babies but.. if they did, good. Fuck babies. My current cat is amazing, she's loving, quiet, and a wonderful companion. Best yet, my wife and I can go out of town for a few days without boarding or pet sitting. Automatic feeder, full water system and clean boxes, come back to the same house we left. Try that with a dog. I used to consider myself a dog person, after this cat, I wont likely ever own a dog again.

Cats tend to get a bad reputation from insecure wanna be tough guys that feel they need a co-dependent organism to validate their existence.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Just like dogs, depends whether or not you get lucky or unlucky in terms of personality/temperament. Best you can do is get them while they are a kitten so you have the best possible chance of raising them right.

Had a cat for 13 1/2 years, she was a stray kitten when we got her. Didnt randomly meow at all hours, didnt claw/chew up anything, didnt shit/piss in the house, didnt jump all over the place or get on counters. Seriously was the perfect cat that had the temperament of a well trained dog.
I agree with this. You let them run rampant through your house, they will. They go through that "teenager" phase where they are annoying as fuck usually, but once through that, and with some proper reinforcement, they can be as well-behaved as any other pet. I mean, depending on the breed and the individual it might be more likely to have hairballs, or just puke in general, but you sort of run that risk with any animal. And every animal I've ever known has occasionally done something like shit where it isn't supposed to or get violently sick on your carpet, but that's just part of owning animals.

The thing I like about cats is that I don't have to fucking worry if I am not home at a specific time. I have even gone on vacation for a week and just made sure to put dozens of water bowls out, a big container of food, and fresh litter. You can't even leave for much over 12 hours with any dog no matter how awesome it is. I love dogs too, but being single and not wanting to be tied more to an animal's schedule than mine means cats win right now.

EDIT: karma posted while I was, didn't see him say basically the same thing I did. And on the matter of clean cat boxes...I actually purposely got mine used to a semi-dirty litter box. If you clean it every day the little fucker comes to expect that, and then when you skip a day or two, it might go outside of it. But if it expects it to be kind of dirty all the time, it will be a lot more tolerant when you go away for awhile. Or get a self-cleaning one, but you don't have to, as long as it is someplace the smell doesn't bother you.

Ben_sl

shitlord

Get ready to have cat hair every place, clothes, food, car, even your chair at work will have cat hair on it.
rrr_img_19144.jpg

Get a male cat and cut his balls off early, females stick their asshole right in your face.
Watching TV, here's my asshole.
Wake up in the morning, here's my asshole.
Eating dinner, here's my asshole.
Get out of the shower, here's my asshole.
Come home from work, here's my asshole.
Midnight snack, here's my asshole.
rrr_img_19145.jpg

rrr_img_19146.jpg

rrr_img_19144.jpg

rrr_img_19145.jpg

rrr_img_19146.jpg

Sean_sl

shitlord

Cat Genie, bro:http://www.catgenie.com/

Best thing I'veeverbought.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Fuck cats. Fuck them so much. My goddamn cat broke his hip a few years ago, cost me a ton of money. He claws and chews fucking everything. Like charging your phone? Not in my house, shitcat will chew your charger. And somehow he doesn't die, I don't understand it. Motherfucker chews through big ass power cords and never dies. And his new thing was shitting in front of his litter box. Pristine, perfect, untouched cat litter in the box, big pile of shit in front of it. And he vomits everywhere from the shit he chews up. I hate him with the fire of a thousand suns and the only reason I haven't put him down yet is my goddamn wife. Fuck cats. fuck them.
Ever figure out that shitting problem? Mine does the same thing.

It's not good shit either. Looks more like cow shit. Traces of blood sometimes too. We know something is wrong with him, but we can't figure it the fuck out. Have taken him to two vets, nothing. Second vet was like "want to pay $800 to run a bunch of tests that might tell you what's wrong with him?". Not $800 to fucking fix him, $800 just to sorta maybe kinda know wtf is going on. Who knows if it's treatable.

Scoop the litter 3 times a day. We've got him on hypoallergenic food. We've tried prednisone. Had him tested for parasites. He's an indoor cat. We have two litter boxes. Just fucking infuriating. He'll piss in the box just fine though.

After he dies, which will probably be forever from now, I'm fucking done with uninsurable entities that don't speak english.

Pilforgod

Silver Knight of the Realm
The breeze litter boxes are great too since you rarely have to do anything with them. You just have to shovel the shit out once or twice a day depending on your cat because that does stick, but it uses a pad below for the piss and it really does block the piss smell. I just switch out the pads every two weeks on garbage day and the pellets every month and voila done. Oh also, cats are assholes.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Cats are awesome. I wish I could have one, but not cool in this apartment.

Its been mentioned before, but like any pet, you get what you put into it.

Cats are spiteful, though. Pretty sure they know if you hate them, and they'll find ways to annoy you further.

Be the one to feed the cat, brush it, or play with it using a laser pointer or string every-so-often...and it will be cool with you.

They're great because they don't need constant attention. They'll fuck off and do their own thing.