Cheap PS3 game recommendations?

I'm looking for cheap PS3 games I can download from the online store or games I can find used. I use my PC for bigger titles or games I may play for a couple of hours at a clip. So what I'm looking for are just fun to play games that I can sit down and enjoy for 10 minutes here and 30 minutes there. Recommendations can be old games, indie titles, puzzles games, racing, etc. I'm not kidding when I say I don't own a single PS3 game because I've just used it as a media extender and a blu ray player.

So what is fun, can be found cheap, and played in short bursts? Oh, and recommendations I can casually play with my wife (who doesn't want to kill things in order to succeed) would be nice too.

Thanks for the help!!

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
PSPlus used to be focused on those types of games still does to a minor degree.

Szlia

Flower and Journey come to mind as games that can be played in relatively small bites and that a non-gamer can appreciate (to play or to watch play).

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
im kinda lookin for the same but for the 360 any fun arcade games or indie games, i didnt really wanna make a new thread so hopefully someone here might have some recommendations.

Touraxus_sl

shitlord
Might want to check out the plus option for the psn.
Gives you more potential full downloads to fuck around with both old and new.
I think a year was like $50 or so, averages out to not much per month for lots of discounts and free trials.

And for stuff that can be great for 10-30 minutes at a clip.
Saints Row 3 combines over the top fun with wanna be grand theft auto type stories.
For a bit more serious, LA Noire is good, and can probably get used pretty cheap and the missions don't last too long.
For 30 minutes of the pain we all love, demon souls. Can be grabbed pretty cheap used all over.

*Edit
And yes, get journey, you won't regret it.
Unless you somehow die playing it, and even then might be a toss up.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Not sure if it's your preference but the Atelier games are good for short bursts. Alchemy / gather shit to make y, take y to make z, take z to make a and so forth throughout the game with minor rpg elements.

Vaclav

Tour: Demons Souls is the free PSPlus title for tomorrow - not that I think it fits his stipulations though as much as I love it (3x plat)

Sean_sl

shitlord
Speaking of which:http://kotaku.com/sony-is-putting-so...oked-464906961

An ESRB listing has appeared online for Best of Playstation Network Vol. 1, a compilation - presumably shipping on Blu-Ray - of some under-appreciated classics from Sony's downloadable service.

The pack includes four games: multiplayer combat title Fat Princess, post-apocalyptic animal game Tokyo Jungle, wonderful music creator/platformer Sound Shapes and When Vikings Attack.
And I would definitely get PSPlus, there's new free games every month and it's easily worth it.

Vorph

PS+ has been pretty disappointing for the past few months, unless you happen to be on EU PSN. Going to be cancelling it the next time it's up for renewal if they don't stop the bullshit disparity between NA and EU soon.

As for games fitting the criteria, I recommend Unfinished Swan.

Sean_sl

shitlord
PS+ has been pretty disappointing for the past few months, unless you happen to be on EU PSN. Going to be cancelling it the next time it's up for renewal if they don't stop the bullshit disparity between NA and EU soon.

As for games fitting the criteria, I recommend Unfinished Swan.
What kind of shit are they doing for the EU?

Nintendo has been dicking the US compared to the EU quite a bit too. I'm STILL fucking pissed about them getting a 3DS XL Fire Emblem package and us only getting a regular, worthless 3DS.

Vorph

Sleeping Dogs, Mass Effect 3, Metal Gear Solid HD Collection, and Okami HD are the main EU highlights so far this year. They've also gotten or are getting a lot of the same indie titles as NA, like The Cave, Quantum Conundrum, etc. I remember being annoyed back in Nov/Dec about something then too. NA games tend to be much older or ones already reduced to bargain bin prices.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Sleeping Dogs, Mass Effect 3, Metal Gear Solid HD Collection, and Okami HD are the main EU highlights so far this year. They've also gotten or are getting a lot of the same indie titles as NA, like The Cave, Quantum Conundrum, etc. I remember being annoyed back in Nov/Dec about something then too. NA games tend to be much older or ones already reduced to bargain bin prices.
Wow, that's pretty retarded that they get shit that's that much better.

shattuck_sl

shitlord
im kinda lookin for the same but for the 360 any fun arcade games or indie games, i didnt really wanna make a new thread so hopefully someone here might have some recommendations.
Spelunky! Best indie game since Braid IMO. Tough and deep retro-style platformer that's a lot of fun, creative achievements to collect

Grizzlebeard_sl

shitlord
You're making me consider getting PS+. I wasn't aware they toss out free, and decent, games. I thought it was just early releases and discounts on existing titles.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
If you buy a used copy of Battlefield 3 you'll still need to buy an online pass for $10 from the store. Tried to convert the nephews from CoD and ended up spending a lot more than expected. (4 copies)

chilansl

Molten Core Raider
Watch for a sale for Grand Theft Auto 4, Episodes from Liberty City or just "The Ballad of Gay Tony". That one is fun, but look for it cheap.