Chicago area

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Screenshotted>
So I am in the Chicago area, well technically a little north of it up in the Wheeling, Buffalo Grove area for the next couple of weeks for work. So which place do I go to get the authentic Deep Dish Chicago pure faggot tourist pizza? Whatever is the best let me know so I can go this week.

Also I've had a couple of people recommend I hit up this Bob Chins seafood bullshit.. Is it that good or am I being clowned on. Hook me up with decent places to go. Tonight I went to Twin Peaks which I guess is like Chicago hooters and the women seem dumber than hooters chicks if that was possible. I thought FL bitches were the dumbest thots next to Cali skanks.

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
Asking Chicagoans what their favorite deep dish is can cause bloodbaths on the streets. The most preeminent are Lou Malnati's, Uno's, and Gino's East, all of which claim to have invented it. Giordano's and Nancy's are generally considered to have invented stuffed deep dish.

Want to try Chicago-style thin crust? Aurelio's.

I think Chinn's is pretty good, YMMV. Pappadeux is also good if you like seafood, although you'd have to drive south a ways to Westmont.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Al's Italian Beef

Beef.jpg

Au Cheval
Burger.jpg

Chicago Pizza With Caramelized Crust | Pequod's Pizza

Pizza 1.jpg

pizza 2.jpg

Portillo's: Beef. Burgers. Salads. | Portillo's

port.jpg

sandwich.jpg

Go for the chocolate cake shake if you hit portillos.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Asking Chicagoans what their favorite deep dish is can cause bloodbaths on the streets. The most preeminent are Lou Malnati's, Uno's, and Gino's East, all of which claim to have invented it. Giordano's and Nancy's are generally considered to have invented stuffed deep dish.

Pequod's is the best and almost any Chicagoan would agree.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Screenshotted>
Those sandwiches look baller as shit. As does the pizza. Well again as of now it looks like I am here until next week but I am up in wheeling for now.

If any of you chumps from the area want to grab a bite on Sat or Sun the pizza and beer is on me. Or maybe the philly and beer depending.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I'm going up to Chicago with a friend who is a former native, in August. Sadly, we're only going to be there for like 1 1/2 days, probably in the Elgin/Schaumburg area and not Chicago proper.

fucking-thing-sucks.gif

EDIT: part of me wants to sneak some ketchup into Portillos just to see my friend lose his shit when I go to put it on a hot dog. But I'm only at like 5/10 on that idea...

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
Those sandwiches look baller as shit. As does the pizza. Well again as of now it looks like I am here until next week but I am up in wheeling for now.

If any of you chumps from the area want to grab a bite on Sat or Sun the pizza and beer is on me. Or maybe the philly and beer depending.

Maybe! Saturday is move-in day, though, we'll see!

Vycron

Derives Perverse Pleasure
<Gold Donor>
I'm going up to Chicago with a friend who is a former native, in August. Sadly, we're only going to be there for like 1 1/2 days, probably in the Elgin/Schaumburg area and not Chicago proper.

fucking-thing-sucks.gif

EDIT: part of me wants to sneak some ketchup into Portillos just to see my friend lose his shit when I go to put it on a hot dog. But I'm only at like 5/10 on that idea...

I think you might mean Gene and Jude's in River Forest. I get ketchup on my hot dogs from Portillos all the time. Gene and Jude's are more strict on that shit. I highly recommend going either/both though.

• 1Like

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I think you might mean Gene and Jude's in River Forest. I get ketchup on my hot dogs from Portillos all the time. Gene and Jude's are more strict on that shit. I highly recommend going either/both though.
My friend doesn't care where we go; he's going to be on a 'KETCHUP DOESN'T GO ON A CHICAGO DOG" patrol and damned if I'm not tempted to troll him for it.

I will Google Gene and Jude's, though

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
If you are into metal and burgers, try Kuma's. There's a larger one in the hipster West Loop or the OG in Avondale.

• 1Solidarity

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Pequods for pizza

also

• 1Like

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Au Cheval burger is definitely the best but go for lunch or be prepared to wait for 4 hours (not kidding). The wait is only worth it because you can go to tons of other bars around the area while you wait.

• 1Solidarity

Hosix

All labs matter!

There is a Gino’s East in that area. It’s just as good. It may be in Geneva but it’s a quick drive.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My friend doesn't care where we go; he's going to be on a 'KETCHUP DOESN'T GO ON A CHICAGO DOG" patrol and damned if I'm not tempted to troll him for it.

I will Google Gene and Jude's, though

Gene and Jude's is legit. There is a McDonalds next to it and they used to have signs up that said, "no ketchup for Gene and Jude's customers". It's been years since I lived up there so not sure if they still have those signs.

You could pig out at Portillo's and get 2 out of 3 Chicago staples (hot dog and beef sandwich that is way better than Al's) and they make a really good burger too.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Just spent a week up there.

Waitress recommended Pequods...

That place is pretty shit. You guys should feel bad.

Was going to go to Portillos but didn't make it.

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
Are you some sort of animal that likes thin crust pizza or something? Or god forbid, Detroit Style pizza.

• 1Like