Chorus - Space Combat Sim - 2021

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Looks dope. Haven’t played a game like that in like a decade. Bet I’d suck at it.

Molten Core Raider
There's a free demo available on Steam so you can find out before taking the plunge. I was very bad but had fun with it. Maybe not quite a full price purchase for me, but people who enjoy arcade style flight shooters (with a dash of super powers thrown in) should like it.

Chapell

Trakanon Raider
Radio calls in space. Kojimbo would be proud.
But yeah i must admit it looks dope.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I'm about 33% finished downloading, speed is going slow as shit so further encouraging me to do this home wiring project on my vacation week. 31.4 GB download.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I can play any video on youtube fine, but that first one linked here has 10-15 sec frame stops, unsure wtf is going on with it.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I can play any video on youtube fine, but that first one linked here has 10-15 sec frame stops, unsure wtf is going on with it.
Something on your side Im sure, plays fine for me.

Glad this game was mentioned - I remember looking at it in alpha or something? But just got Destiny vibes and never looked at it again. Nice to see it turned into something totally different.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Sweet lord I cannot even kill the first boss in the demo lol

• 1Worf

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Got this for Series X from GameFly on Saturday but haven't done much more than install it so far. Sounds better than I expected though, guess I'd better make some time for it tonight.

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
A couple hours in now.

You start off as a mega badass pilot who just ditched her magic powers, which isn't immersive because I fly and shoot like shit.

That's one thing I like about games like Kingdom Come Deliverance, your character starts out as bad as you are and you grow together.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
There's a free demo available on Steam so you can find out before taking the plunge. I was very bad but had fun with it. Maybe not quite a full price purchase for me, but people who enjoy arcade style flight shooters (with a dash of super powers thrown in) should like it.
Tried the demo and can tell it’s something I’d never be good at. Looks cool though, hope it’s good.

• 1Like
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
Plays pretty nicely on a controller. Combat is basically StarFox with more weapons to switch between.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Is it fun?
I'm having fun, yeah.

I've played so many space combat sims. I can only play them once every couple of years because even with all the special abilities it's still centered around "Fly around and hit leading targets with projectiles". It's fun but gets old faster than shooters / ARPGs / strategy/god games.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Are there difficulty sliders? Because I suck. So does Hateyou Hateyou - and while we may get gud in other games, I am finding myself lowering difficulty and having a ton of fun progressing through games knowing I am not a 21 year old any longer.

• 1Solidarity

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Seems like its probably pretty shallow? I was looking at everspace 2 i think it was, though honestly i think for space games with customization I still prefer 2d top down like escape velocity and starsector

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
Yes, it's fun. Yes it has difficulty settings, and pretty liberal autoaim. The first hour or two feels kinda clunky but once you get the drift ability the combat is really fluid.

It's not super deep in the loadout customization but there are sets of items that favor different abilities and play styles.

• 1Like