Christopher Robin (2018)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 1 Votes
Title: Christopher Robin (2018)

Tagline: Sooner Or Later Your Past Catches Up To You

Genre: Animation, Adventure, Comedy

Director: Marc Forster

Cast: Ewan McGregor, Jim Cummings, Hayley Atwell, Bronte Carmichael, Mark Gatiss, Chris O'Dowd, Nick Mohammed, Brad Garrett, Peter Capaldi, Sophie Okonedo, Toby Jones, Wyatt Hall, Oliver Ford Davies, Adrian Scarborough, Roger Ashton-Griffiths, Paul Chahidi, Tim Ingall, Raj Ghatak, Orton O'Brien, Elsa Minell Solak

Release: 2018-08-01

Plot: Working-class family man Christopher Robin encounters his childhood friend Winnie-the-Pooh, who helps him to rediscover the joys of life.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
It's the same fucking voice actor since the 80's holy shit

Eeyore sounds horrible tho, don't know why they couldn't get Peter Cullen(optimus prime)

whelp heres it

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
A. A. Milne is a unique author whose work will be remembered for as long as authors continue to be a part of human culture.

This movie was not written by A. A. Milne.

Pass.

Edit for full disclosure: I almost managed to write this post without using the phrase "literally raped" even once.

• 1Dislike

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
This movie will probably make me tear up with joy. Looking forward to it.

I felt like the trailer was a few minutes away from doing it on it's own. I never even felt like I was very exposed to Winnie the Pooh and it still hit home with me and what little childhood exposure I did have.

Brad2770

A. A. Milne is a unique author whose work will be remembered for as long as authors continue to be a part of human culture.

This movie was not written by A. A. Milne.

Pass.

Edit for full disclosure: I almost managed to write this post without using the phrase "literally raped" even once.

This is pretty much Hook, but with stuffed animals. You enjoyed that, right?

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
i'm very much looking forward to this. From the last trailer, the path of the protagonist seems to mirror the path my life took in adulthood, for better or worse. Should be worth the catharsis.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I'm probably going to see this in the theater and cry during it and laugh at myself after :)

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Movie was exactly what I thought it was going to be, and I enjoyed it very much. Story was very simple but hit home bigtime. There are quite a few nuances in it that I enjoyed trying to think out
I had a coworker ask me a few days back, before I saw it, why Owl and Rabbit were realistic, but all the other animals were more like animated stuffed animals. My best guess is that where Christopher Robin grew up, he would have actually seen an owl and rabbit in person, but maybe not the other ones. Also, it was interesting that you think that all the animals must be in his mind, yet other people can clearly see them moving around.
anyways, good movie, Ewan McGregor is fantastic as always.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database