Chrome help

Paranoia

Trakanon Raider
Ok, so I reinstalled google chrome I didn't delete browsing history. When I open chrome and click new tab my "most visited" doesn't show up anymore. just say's Chrome://new tab blank page. How do restore it so it shows the apps/most visited page.

thanks

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Sign in using your Google ID. If you had never done that before in the past (to sync your favorites, etc.), you're fucked.

Paranoia

Trakanon Raider
you don't need to sign in the page just doesn't show up. how do i get it to show up?

Paranoia

Trakanon Raider
double post kill me later

when I open chrome it goes to google.com when i click on the new tab button it should show either the most viewed websites or apps page it doesn't how do i get it to show those pages again.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Open Settings, then:

Chrome.png

Or do you not have that selection?

Paranoia

Trakanon Raider
On start up it opens Google.com

it never mattered in the pass all i had to do was hit the + sign and a new tab would open with either most viewed websites or apps page right now all that happens is it opens a new tab and its blank.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Back in the day you could move around and pin the web pages that are displayed in Chrome's New Tab page, but it seems they removed that function a while ago. Which is a real bummer since I liked to arrange my web pages according to personal preference and not how often I visited them. I've tried to search for an extension but they mostly seem to be completely over the top or do a whole bunch of other crap too. Does anyone have any recommendations or tips and tricks to get that lost functionality back?

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
Back in the day you could move around and pin the web pages that are displayed in Chrome's New Tab page, but it seems they removed that function a while ago. Which is a real bummer since I liked to arrange my web pages according to personal preference and not how often I visited them. I've tried to search for an extension but they mostly seem to be completely over the top or do a whole bunch of other crap too. Does anyone have any recommendations or tips and tricks to get that lost functionality back?
Install Firefox
wink.png
It still allows you to pin & order the thumbnails

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
The more Google fucks with Chrome the more I am actually tempted to switch. :S

Zodiac

Lord Nagafen Raider
1. Open a new tab in Google Chrome

2. Copy and paste the following into the Chrome omnibox (the URL bar) and hit enter:

chrome://flags/#enable-instant-extended-api

3. Turn off the 'Instant Extended API' by clicking the drop-down menu and selecting the 'Disable' option.

4. Click the 'Relaunch Chrome' button that appears towards the bottom of the window.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Zodiac, thanks, but unfortunately the old New Tab page that that enables also doesn't allow for personal reorganisation of top web pages. That feature was removed quite a while back
frown.png