Chuck

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Chuck

Genre: Action & Adventure, Comedy, Drama

First aired: 2007-09-24

Creator: Josh Schwartz

Cast: Zachary Levi, Yvonne Strahovski, Joshua Gomez, Adam Baldwin, Vik Sahay, Scott Krinsky, Sarah Lancaster, Ryan McPartlin, Mark Christopher Lawrence

Overview: When Buy More computer geek Chuck Bartowski unwittingly downloads a database of government information and deadly fighting skills into his head, he becomes the CIA's most vital secret. This sets Chuck on a path to become a full-fledged spy.

Attachments

• AiNXYaZN7pOQxYaZwkR0ZP8A5hJ.jpg
    AiNXYaZN7pOQxYaZwkR0ZP8A5hJ.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 106
Last edited by a moderator:

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Chuck (TV Series 2007–2012) - IMDb

In an effort to watch shows I missed I started watching this show. I made it to season 2 episode 6 and need a reason to keep watching besides Yvonne looking hot and Adam being Adam. The "flash mechanic" with the eyes crossing makes me want to punch Chuck in the face and the whole we love each other but can't hook up was old by half way through season 1.

So keep rolling because it pays off or bail now and watch something else?

AiNXYaZN7pOQxYaZwkR0ZP8A5hJ.jpg

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I've never watched the series, but I'm told she goes Brunette for a "mission"? or something in S4, brings back the ME2 memories.
WS85b.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
I started watching in season 2, then missed the last half of the final season. What I did see was a fun show. I'd still like to go back and finish. However, every time I see Chucks sister, all I can think is 'Gift Shop Girl' from Scrubs.

Citz

Silver Squire
The show won't change much from that formula:
1) Chuck does silly things (with Morgan).
2) Sarah plays a hot woman spy.
3) Side story at the Buy More with the dumbfucks.
4) Casey grunts.

If you're not enjoying it now, you won't enjoy much of the rest. The season 2 finale does shake things up a little but it won't deviate from the above. It's a light-hearted action-comedy.

• 1Like

Leto Eu`Acumen

Peasant
Spoilering this for the folks who haven't finished the series yet.

I loved the series. I can't overstate that enough.

IMO, no other series has come close to that combination of funny and sexy that captured the spirit of a generation of guys. The only other show that does any of those things is Scrubs, and Scrubs was iconic/amazing for its own reasons.

....That said....

I hated the ending. Hated it so much it makes me not want to rewatch the series.

Of all the awful things you can do to someone.....mutilate their body, destroy their home and belongings, take away what they love in life.......The most horrifying thing that can be done to a person is destroying their mind - taking away their very identity as a person, their memories, everything about them that made them who they are. Something about that is just off-the-scales horrible to me.

It's like they are murdered, dead in the grave, yet a part of them is cursed to continue on in their body to continuously grieve their own death.

Gods what a downer that ending was.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Holy fuck, I can't believe the thread for this show is only a few posts long.

Chuck has long held my #1 spot for all time favorite TV show. If I had to rank them all, it would be:

1. Chuck
2. Lost
3. The Office
4. Breaking Bad
5. Billions / Succession / Yellowstone / Ozark , etc

But there's something about this series that just gets me right in the heart. It's a combination of comedy, action, and love. I find that Chuck is so enjoyable because the show expertly intertwines action and comedy, something that I've learned is called "bathos." The basic premise of this show is simple, a "going nowhere" computer nerd gets a database of government secrets put in his head, and security agencies send their best people out to protect him. Initially the show seems to follow "monster of the week" where Chuck will "flash" on a bad guy and they then take out the bad guy. But there is so much more to it than that.

First, the writers are just excellent. They setup the possibility for multiple arcs from the very first episode. Both of Chuck's parents are absent, something they let us know multiple times. This creates multiple avenues for the writers to weave the parents into the story, giving the show a purpose as we try to figure out what exactly is going on with them and why they went missing. And the whole thing makes sense why Chuck gets the intersect, why Brice protected him at Stanford, and why Chuck's brain can handle the computer. I don't know the term for this, but the writers also do something interesting where the stories at the Buy More that Morgan and the gang are going through will sometimes parallel what Chuck is going through, which lets Chuck and Morgan sympathize with each other without having to actually co-exist in each others lives.

And all of the characters in the show change over time. Chuck transforms from a shy nerd into a confident man. Casey transforms from a heartless spy into a caring person. Sarah, well she learns to love and well, the ending, .. Chuck and Sarah also have one of the best "will they, won't they" since Sam and Diane. Their entire story is fantastic, and there's so many times where they aren't quite on the same page and you can see one or the other really hurting. And Chuck is just wonderful, everyone in the show endears themself to Chuck.

There are some weak parts in the show. Chuck's sister, Ellie, is useless and I find her annoying. Some of the plot devices ran a little long. Flashing the intersect, wiping it, melting brains, etc. We probably could have cut a half season out of the show and made it really tight. I'm rewatching it now, and it's hilarious watching them just talk into their sleeves or analog watches, while Chuck is talking into his flip phone. And what a way to protect your cover, because it's absolutely normal for people to talk into their sleeve while pushing on their ear.

Some people criticize the ending, specifically wiping Sarah's brain. I personally loved it. But I found it absolutely brutal for the viewer. We've spent five years watching this couple, watching them go back and forth, and they're finally happy, and then wham, her fucking brain is gone. I feel by the end she knew she loved Chuck and they just get to fall in love again.

Anyway. I'm rewatching this, and just got through S02E14 - Chuck Versus the Best Friend. It's one of the exceptional episodes, where we get to see Chuck have emotional moments with both Morgan and Sarah, Sarah thinks Chuck blew up and we can see how devastated she looks, Casey looks horrified, and then the show ends with fucking Jeffster playing "Africa" by Toto, lol. There are multiple other exceptional episodes, like Chuck Versus the Push Mix.

So, sorry I'm just rambling. Just really love this show. Humor, heart, action, beautiful girls, tech. Love it.

(@ 1:30, I love these interactions between Chuck and Sarah.)

-

(@ 1:00, while she watches the movie)

-

(The genius of this, at the end, how he had been trying to find the best way to propose, and in the end it's just in the background with the sound drowned by the floor waxer.)

-

(The first real "good kiss.")

Alright, I've thoroughly embarrassed myself for the day!

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
It was a good show. But they ran out of good stories the last couple seasons. Better to let it die before it turned into god awful shit.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Can't say much that hasn't been said, show has a stellar cast of characters and hardly any wasted ones.

Jeff & Lester are literally insane, and its great
Big Mike, you actually feel like he could realistically manage a store and behave the same way
Chuck, brilliant and working at a job thats significantly beneath him but who hasn't done that and enjoyed it cause your best friend is with you?
Casey, favorite to me cause he's clearly insane but in an awesome weapons expert way. Kind of person you'd expect to ask him for a cup of sugar and be like wtf as he had to find a different place to store his throwing stars or something

Izo

Tranny Chaser
I think I went dead in it around a 3d episode or some such. Donno why. Do I want to finish it?

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I loved Chuck, but I hated how they ended it
Someone attempted to make a better ending, where she gets a flash of all her memories when Chuck kisses her. It's a bit cheesy, but at least an attempt to fix it.

Cybsled

Considering they were the core of the show, it felt kind of bullshit to basically erase years of that development and vaguely hint that she remembers tiny bits, maybe, but she may never remember everything. Makes me wonder if they perhaps had plans to later address that but it never materialized

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
On to season 3... The only hard part of the show for me to stomach is what a beta pussy Chuck is. So whiney and such a pussy. I've never met a girl who would be into someone like that.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database