Cincinnati

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Is there anything worth a shit here? In town for work but know nothing of this place other then the roads are stupid.

Leadaas

Dindu Nuffin
Montgomery Inn ribs. The Newport Aquarium across the river is decent if you’re into that sort of thing. The whole mall area there in Newport has a bunch of nice bars and restaurants, Haufbrauhaus can be fun to drink at if you can handle a live polka band. The Cincinnati zoo should be doing their zoo lights thing this time of year.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I lived there until I was 24 and lived downtown my final six years. Go back often and I'm really familiar with "the scene". It's actually a much cooler place than it was when I lived there. The downtown scene is great.

First - I can't recommend Knockback Nat's enough. Best fucking wings you've ever had. Large and fall right off the bone. Awesome rub. The heat of the sauces don't fuck around either. Extra hot is a full sinus clearing. Montgomery Inn ribs are a good recommendation. They're fantastic.

For beer, my favorite place is probably Taft Ale House. It's an old church converted into a brewery so it's beautiful. The tanks are where the pipe organ used to be. Urban Artifact also gets a lot of praise but I've never been (will make sure to stop by while I'm there during Christmas).

If you like live music, MOTR has free music every night and the dudes can be pretty legit. Nationally touring acts - smaller of course - but still people touring across the country. Stanley's Pub can also be a great spot depending on the night. Some real next level jazz cats play there.

Almost any restaurant in OTR is good. The bad ones don't last. It's very competitive in that neighborhood.

EDIT: Good job spelling Cincinnati correctly. People always put the double-n in the wrong spot.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
go to skyline chili

i could go for a goog 4way right nao

dat cincinatti chili

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
I live in Cincinnati and here is the scoop. Food wise check out Over the Rhine (OTR), it was a shithole ghetto (and parts still are) but is being gentrified with a ton of hipster restaurants. The Senate, Bakersfield and Taste of Belgium were featured on Dinners, Drive-Ins and Dives and are all within walking distance to each other. Montgomery Inn used to be an institution but has fallen off over the years, their BBQ sauce still might be the best I have had though so worth a visit for their ribs (Bob Hopes favorite spot no joke). The small brewery scene is also pretty legit in the area so if you are into good beer check for local breweries reviews and pick your poison (lots to choose from). If you are into the bar scene check out Mount Adams, Newport on the Levee (Across the river in Northern Kentucky) or the Banks on the river (Cincinnati Side). If you want one of the best steaks in the country go to Jeff Ruby's steak house down town or his other location called the Precinct, seriously as good as any steak I have found anywhere. If you are into BBQ check out Eli's BBQ, one of the best pulled pork sandwiches I have had hands down. I don't even put BBQ sauce on it. The live music scene is actually really good in the city and you might want to check out cincymusic.com to see what shows are happening while you are here. That site is ran by some friends and is dedicated to local music. There is definitely an entertainment scene in cincy if you know where to look and I have seen some good advice posted so far. Go find you a good place to eat, then grab yourself a craft beer and listen to some good live music. The women are mostly 6's or 7's at best and have shitty attitudes to go along with that so have fun. =)

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
The women are mostly 6's or 7's at best and have shitty attitudes to go along with that so have fun. =)

So many hipster babes hang out at Mecca though. It's absurd. Have some friends who bartend there so I always find myself there.

• 1Like

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
So many hipster babes hang out at Mecca though. It's absurd. Have some friends who bartend there so I always find myself there.

I'm 42 so my days of slaying hipster poontang are sadly over so my information could be dated. Maybe their moms though. So next time you are in Cincy and hook up with a hipster whore see if she has a whore mother for your old pal Noble Savage.

• 1Solidarity