Classical Music

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
So I started listening to classical music casually about a year or two ago. Started out listening to all the usual suspects (Mozart, Beethoven, Bach) at first and have branched out into some others (Mendelssohn, Brahms, Chopin). I would really like to devote more time to listening because I think classical music is something that the more time you put into the more rewarding it is. As I understand it one of the harder parts of listening to classical is in finding the best recordings of a particular piece of music.

Anyway, share your thoughts on classical music here. Recommend a piece of music or artist, share a particularly well done recording. General classical music discussion here.

I would recommend this:Bach: Brandenburg Concertos / Orchestral Suites

Bach is baroque period which is pre beethoven and mozart. Easy to recognize because it usually has a harpsichord. This is a good recording of Bach and alot of content for the money.

http://www.amazon.com/Bach-Brandenbu.../dp/B000065TV3

youtube of favorite bach piece

Paranoia

Trakanon Raider
this is by far my fav version of hungarian rhapsody 2

and of course the relaxing sounds of a cello, smoking weed outside and listening to music pure tranquility

stupidmonkey

Not Smrt
<Gold Donor>
I've been using spotify to listen to and create a bunch of different playlists and radios. If you like more of the deep and menacing sounds of classical e.g. Mozart's Requiem and O Fortuna, I recommend looking at the Dark Side of albums for Bach, Beethoven, etc.

If any of you care to share your playlists let me know as that could be a good way to get people to listen to what they considered the better renditions.

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
Its pretty amazing how many of these pieces I recognize. Me and my wife listened to this the other night. She's a huge movie buff and just about every piece she was able to name a movie or two that had it in the movie.