Climate Change: How to turn the Earth into Venus, redux.

Omi43221

Lord Nagafen Raider
10d 3h 32m
Reactions
489 43 0 0
Last edited:

Pops

Baron of the Realm
Reactions
17,088 924 0 0

Omi43221

Lord Nagafen Raider
10d 3h 32m
Reactions
489 43 0 0

Pops

Baron of the Realm
Reactions
17,088 924 0 0

Omi43221

Lord Nagafen Raider
10d 3h 32m
Reactions
489 43 0 0
What's the hottest Earth's ever been? | NOAA Climate.gov

What a surprise, the climate changes over time. What have you personally done Omnifreak? Given anything up? Your car? Your phone? Turn off the AC?

Or are you just another hypocrite? Like Gore and Di Cap jet setting around the globe, virtue signalling?
Perhaps you should go back and read my actual position before you create a whole strawman in your head. By the way the article you posted supports my position

From the article :
The period has generally been one of low temperatures and relative global (if not regional) climate stability.

I don't mind that you don't like the solutions proposed. I can totally accept that the science is being usurped for some political agenda. What I stand against is someone posting articles that are in direct contradiction to objective measurable reality.

Just to make this as insulting as possible. It makes the people posting that bullshit look like sjw faggots.

zombiewizardhawk

Definitely Doesn't Do Meth
<Donors Crew>
19d 2h 35m
Reactions
7,423 958 0 0
Did any of you "oh god we're killing the planet!!" people ever come up with a response to my query as to the simple effect of human existence on the climate? What kind of impact does us having cities and skyscrapers and roads and boats and farmland and massive consumption of wildlife all over the place have on the climate? What was the climate like 1500 years ago, do we have any hard scientific data to prove that we've actually been making things bad instead of the planet just doing planet things?

Omi43221

Lord Nagafen Raider
10d 3h 32m
Reactions
489 43 0 0
Did any of you "oh god we're killing the planet!!" people ever come up with a response to my query as to the simple effect of human existence on the climate? What kind of impact does us having cities and skyscrapers and roads and boats and farmland and massive consumption of wildlife all over the place have on the climate? What was the climate like 1500 years ago, do we have any hard scientific data to prove that we've actually been making things bad instead of the planet just doing planet things?
Yes

Palum

Less Valuable Than A Visitor
<Donors Crew>
Reactions
21,910 649 0 0

Olscratch

tour de salt
<Banned>
0m
Reactions
525 1,607 0 0
Did that article mention the US is going to be the only country to hit the Paris benchmarks though due to NG expansion?
No because that isn't true, natural gas expansion turns out releases a fuckton of methane and the US aint gonna hit shit.

"China has made significant progress towards its Paris targets. Coal consumption has remained relatively flat since its peak in 2013, and China’s wind and solar energy deployment continue to grow at the fastest pace in the world. China is implementing a variety of measures to meet its climate goals, including a national carbon cap-and-trade program, a green dispatch policy, and a mandatory national cap on coal consumption as part of its 13th Five-Year Plan for 2016 to 2020.

• Renewables: China set an ambitious target for wind power, aiming to reach 200 gigawatts (GW) by 2020, up from 129 GW in 2015. It also planned for solar capacity to reach 100 GW by 2020, up from nearly 43 GW in 2015. In a move of ambitious leadership, after realizing it could surpass these targets, China revised its wind and solar energy targets to 260 GW and 210 GW by 2020, respectively.
  • Buildings: China is taking measures to make its buildings more energy efficient by adopting increasingly stringent standards for new construction and energy efficiency retrofits for existing buildings.
  • Vehicles: China’s Ministry of Information and Industry Technology has announced it is working on a phase out plan for the sale of petrol vehicles. China is strengthening its vehicle emission standards to be as strict or stricter than existing standards in the United States and the European Union.
  • Cap and Trade: China will establish a nationwide carbon cap-and-trade program in late 2017 or early 2018, setting a price on carbon in major industrial sectors like power, aluminum, and cement.

China to close 500 coal mines and boost clean energy
China wants to ban gas and diesel cars

Ok now you link the stuff Trump has done. I'll start.

Trump caps off a long day by letting coal companies dump waste into streams.
E.P.A. Scrubs a Climate Website of ‘Climate Change’
Trump Is Quietly Surrendering to China on Climate Change

Mario Speedwagon

Shitpost Plumber
<Moderation Tools>
17d 21h 36m
Reactions
40,628 2,093 0 0
The U.S. is now the only country not part of Paris climate agreement after Syria signs on

But at least we got a con-man pretending like he cares about keeping new brown people out of America?
I don't even understand the problem people have with not being in the Paris agreement. Everyone knows it's a shit agreement. It does literally nothing in regards to the climate. The only thing it does actual do is turn the US into a welfare piñata for shitholes around the world.

Arbitrary

<Donors Crew>
57d 10h 2m
Reactions
15,636 399 0 0
I don't even understand the problem people have with not being in the Paris agreement. Everyone knows it's a shit agreement. It does literally nothing in regards to the climate. The only thing it does actual do is turn the US into a welfare piñata for shitholes around the world.
That's just it. That agreement gets talked about in such a way that completely hides that Obama unilateraly agreed to huge and costly restrictions for the United States in addition to wanting to just ship 500,000,000 dollars to shitholes to build infrastructure that will either get stolen by raiders or sold on the black market or both. The Senate ratifies treaties. The treaty sucked shit. They didn't ratify it. Trump said he wanted to renegotiate it and the EU said no. He pulled out.

Ridas

Pay to play forum
<Donors Crew>
15d 17h 43m
Reactions
2,031 192 0 0
Yesterday Syria joined the Paris agreement, even though they are in civil war. They celebrated it as something awsome, but that shit right there tells you how worthless the agreement is.

If you want to fight climate change, do it in a constructive manner and not by virtue signalling with your sandy vagina.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Donor All-Stars>
16d 13h 29m
Reactions
2,631 73 0 0
Just in case you haven't looked at the NASA study : they made a model to figure out the distribution of subterranean ice lakes and rivers under Western Antarctica. And the model shows that a magma plume that had been there for... brace for it... 50 million years, is a good fit for data.

So, no one's found a real magma plume under Antarctica, and if there's one, it's been warming Antarctica for 50 million years.