Coffee thread

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
I was enjoying the coffee thread at morenetz so lets keep it going... Gonna go enjoy an iced Vietnamese coffee right now I think.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Anyone a fan of Arabic coffee? I was taken by surprise the first time I tried it since it was a lot more tea-like than I anticipated. I usually drink coffee so black and thick it resembles a cup of tar, but occasionally I enjoy some lighter stuff.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Kirkland Supremo Bean dark roast fine ground is exceptional. It comes in a 3 pound can!

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
If you can find somewhere that makes it try a Turkish coffee or grab an Ibruk off of amazon and give it a try, amazing flavor, tiny cup but so worth it.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I am not a coffee drinker at all, but when we have guests that stay with us I pick up a bag of Duncan Donuts Coffee. They are always surprised at how good it is. Nothing exotic of course but a safe choice I guess.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Looking for a recommendation for an espresso type machine. The wife and I are looking to get one for her mother. Would like something with pretty straight forward/simple operation, under $1k.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Saw that today. Probably tastes great if you can get over the whole it comes from an elephants ass thing.

Saladus

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I use permanent press, as well as grind eight o clock brand generally. I usually follow the 1 scoop per cup rule, but even with experimentation for almost a year, I have yet to find the mix I want lol. It always tastes somewhat...watered down I guess?

Smocca_sl

shitlord
I have a keurig

Fucking love my hot water with a hint of flavor
Haha that's my feelings too. Even when they are strong in flavor they taste a little weak somehow. There's something different about a cup of fresh coffee out of a full pot.

Could be completely in my head.

Kinkle_sl

shitlord
Been looking for a new (drip) coffee, very slowly, as I like to use the old bag before I buy a new one. Been going from brand to brand in the hopes that I stumble upon something brain-shattering. Seattle's best Henry's Blend was shitty as fuck, Gevalia's Antigua was my old favorite, but I think I've gotten over it, Dunkin' Donuts Hazelnut is just okay, local organic farmer's market brand was on the shitty side.... still looking :/

khanable_sl

shitlord
Haha that's my feelings too. Even when they are strong in flavor they taste a little weak somehow. There's something different about a cup of fresh coffee out of a full pot.

Could be completely in my head.
Absolutely not in your head

When I'm on campus and I sneak some of the faculty coffee it nearly knocks me over with how strong it is -- and this is just medium roast off the shelf cheap shit that they're brewing in a pot

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
I french press 99% of the time, I know I suck at making drip coffee but it always gives a better cup in my opinion, especially if you get some decent beans and grind them right before. Blond is pretty much just a lighter roast so less bitter and lighter taste. Starbucks blond is actually pretty good, light nutty taste, if you like it stronger I wouldn't bother. For the big brands dunkin donuts is not bad, I do enjoy most of Pete's and honestly the big SF bag at Costco is good too. If you can find a local roaster even better and usually not more expensive.

if your looking for an expresso machine costco has a decent range from anywhere between 150 and 1500 Seco is a pretty decent brand

lower endhttp://www.costco.com/Saeco-Odea-Gir....11737794.html
Higher endhttp://www.costco.com/Saeco-Incanto-....11680177.html

Ryanz

<Banned>
Ugh you guys are making me want some Starbucks (White Chocolate Mocha double shot pls).

Lemmiwinks_sl

shitlord
Ill second the Dunkin' Donuts and 8 O' Clock brands. Good stuff.

If you have a Marshalls/Homegoods store near you they have a pretty wide selection of coffee.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
So the wife and her sisters decided to go with theJura J9. Will report back on whether it pisses gold.
CHRIST. Please tell me they own a restaurant or coffee house or something, and aren't just using that at home? Fucking almost 3 grand for a coffee maker. I guarantee the coffee doesn't taste significantly better than a coffee maker that is 1/10th the cost.