Collecting music on vinyl

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I pulled the trigger on a record player and speakers today and picked up a few LPs.

I guess I just miss the days of flipping through album notes while listening to an album from start to finish. So begins my little record collection. Holy shit they can get pricey.

Anyone else buy vinyl? What are the good online sights for music?

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
I don't approve of collecting vinyl. However, I do approve of collecting masterfully done vinyl rips such as the ones by pbthal.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
I pulled the trigger on a record player and speakers today and picked up a few LPs.

I guess I just miss the days of flipping through album notes while listening to an album from start to finish. So begins my little record collection. Holy shit they can get pricey.

Anyone else buy vinyl? What are the good online sights for music?

What is your setup?

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
^ What he said...I need a new turntable.

I only buy at record stores or estate sales, not on-line.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
I sold most of my collection prior to moving across country (about 700 records). Only kept ones from local bands or albums that I had emotion attachment to. They're just a huge bitch to cart around if you're moving. If you're a music nerd then there's really not a better quality but I keep them on my shelf more more of a nostalgia factor than anything else minus the few that I play when I'm working from home or trying to bed some girl.