Command and Conquer (Generals 2)

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
http://www.commandandconquer.com/

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/...lly-old-school

Clip of original

This is the supposed reinvention of Command and Conquer Generals and Zero Hour. I am not sure how many people played this portion of the CnC series but it was easily my favorite RTS at the time. Even tho this sequel is shaping up to be more of a DOTA/LoL type game with the actual RTS twist (introduction of a new general a month etc etc) i still have high hopes for it.

I was never big on SC as im sure most were, but i've always loved the fun factor of playing different generals in this series(nothing beats china infantry). Supposedly they will finally announce the beta date around E3 time .

Goonsquad Officer
Generals was also probobly my favorate RTS overall (i liked the control mechanisms in Supreme Commander, but the overall gameplay in Generals more). I wasn't a big multiplayer buff in any RTS though so...that's my situation. I enjoyed how all the units had strong purposes and 'special attacks' but I didn't have to click all of them. Made strategic buildups, unit composition and positioned defenses, vs just being able to micromanage all your clickies (which is what aggrivated me about warcraft 3). and the generals (and generals challenge) gave that game SO Much replay value for me.

I hope this comes out good. I like what i'm hearing. it's weird that they basically turned America into the EU but kept the same core concept (high tech). It's not a bad concept I just wonder what America's deal is going to be instead.

I also wonder if they will have the amazing sterotypes in this game. The GLA peasants, car bombs, black markets, angry mobs, american "made in the USA" jokes , chineese propaganda towers, hackers, etc etc. I'd always heard (not sure if it's true) that some countries didn't get GLA car bombs and nuke trucks and shit because it was offensive. And i imagine china wasn't happy with how they were presented in generals ZH

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Generals was also probobly my favorate RTS overall (i liked the control mechanisms in Supreme Commander, but the overall gameplay in Generals more). I wasn't a big multiplayer buff in any RTS though so...that's my situation. I enjoyed how all the units had strong purposes and 'special attacks' but I didn't have to click all of them. Made strategic buildups, unit composition and positioned defenses, vs just being able to micromanage all your clickies (which is what aggrivated me about warcraft 3). and the generals (and generals challenge) gave that game SO Much replay value for me.

I hope this comes out good. I like what i'm hearing. it's weird that they basically turned America into the EU but kept the same core concept (high tech). It's not a bad concept I just wonder what America's deal is going to be instead.

I also wonder if they will have the amazing sterotypes in this game. The GLA peasants, car bombs, black markets, angry mobs, american "made in the USA" jokes , chineese propaganda towers, hackers, etc etc. I'd always heard (not sure if it's true) that some countries didn't get GLA car bombs and nuke trucks and shit because it was offensive. And i imagine china wasn't happy with how they were presented in generals ZH
One of the videos shows the Angry Mob unit rushing the EU base. I know they said they would have the same generals more or less returned plus new ones at beta launch.

China Infantry + Stealth hackers is still the best.

Goonsquad Officer
One of the videos shows the Angry Mob unit rushing the EU base. I know they said they would have the same generals more or less returned plus new ones at beta launch.

China Infantry + Stealth hackers is still the best.
I think my 'favorate' was the chineese nuclear general. just because he was flexible. nuclear helixes or nuclear overloards, or just a swarm of the base china tank. and i seem to remember they were faster something?

I played an awful lot of tank general and airforce general though.

Infantry general was ridiculous though. the fat bunkers, the attack APC's, the fat helixes. the gatling cannons. shit was wild.

Xander_sl

shitlord
I really am shocked C&C isn't getting more attention. I loved this series - I hope EA doesn't destroy it again.