Conan series in development at amazon

spronk

FPS noob
Conan the Barbarian TV Series From Ryan Condal, Miguel Sapochnik & Warren Littlefield In Works At Amazon

Amazon is development drama Conan, based on the books by Robert E. Howard, Deadline has learned. The project hails from Colony co-creator Ryan Condal, Game of Thrones‘ director Miguel Sapochnik, Fargo and The Handmaid’s Tale executive producer Warren Littlefield, Pathfinder Media and Endeavor Content.

Sapochnik did some of the best episodes of Game of Thrones and directed the first few episodes of Altered Carbon, so you know he can do violence and rape. Littlefield is behind Fargo, Handmaiden's Tale, and I believe is an old school NBC guy behind stuff like Seinfeld and stuff. I think the bald dude who was in some of the episodes as a TV exec (hit on Elaine, George ogled his daughter) was based on Littlefield?

I'd be super excited for a Conan TV series if they can get the right lead, the last movie pretty much sucked.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
Amazon is also apparently in pre production on Snow Crash, Ringworld, Lord of the Rings, and Lazarus
Netflix has Witcher series, pilot written

Good times for fantasy/sci fi fans

Last edited:
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
I hope they stick to the books for the most part, I have actually been re-reading them for the first time in 20+ yrs. I remembered them as being pure pulp but Howard was a good story teller and a decent writer they still hold up even against all the people who pushed the genre after him

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

faille

Molten Core Raider
Fucking finally! I got so tired of seeing the Conan (O'brien) thread and getting my hopes up this was happening
Literally every single time.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Goatface

feel like still a few years away from being able to pull off the cgi needed with a tv show budget
i want to see him fight big apes, giant spiders/snakes, ghouls and all that