Control

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Randin

Trakanon Raider
First thought upon seeing this trailer was, “why is her gun breathing?” but once she started throwing around powers, this became really interesting. Definitely on my watchlist now.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This is from Remedy Entertainment and the game play looks a lot like their previous title Quantum Break, which I thoroughly enjoyed. Looks interesting.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I was watching the Easy Allies stream for the Sony conference, and one of them called this "Quantum Break: The Second Chance Edition"....was hilarious (before they saw it was made by Remedy, and seems on point. The game looks great.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Game releases on Tuesday. Bunch of streamers playing the first four chapters now. Appears to have a very weird story, but combat looks fun. Think I will pick it up.

EDIT: Should note, it is an Epic store exclusive on PC.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Fuck Epic. Major league Chinese dick suckers.
tumblr_od1xiaoWlT1rls6sso2_500.gif

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

I don't know if it's just that the review embargo limited people to showing the most boring and generic looking parts of the game, but the footage Karak shows in his review definitely doesn't look like a game I would call a "buy". Between selling out to Timmy Tencent and the virtue signaling they did on Twitch last week, definitely a rental to me.

• 1Like

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
I was watching a couple different people play this on twitch and... I have become an old man of gaming, look generic and boring to me. Like Days Gone I will wait until this comes down in price before I give it a go.

• 1Solidarity

ver_21

Molten Core Raider
I was watching a couple different people play this on twitch and... I have become an old man of gaming, look generic and boring to me. Like Days Gone I will wait until this comes down in price before I give it a go.

I got a copy for purchase of an NVidia GPU. So far I'd say it's a raytracing showcase demo with satisfying gameplay, kind of like The Division 2 meets Resident Evil.

I dislike being forced into EPIC Games store =/

• 1Solidarity

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Sweet. I get to pirate it.

Had no idea this existed until the Digital Foundry review of it. Come here and learn it is Epic exclusive. And it has been so long since I pirated a game don't even know where to look these days. Hah!

Vorph

Had no idea this existed until the Digital Foundry review of it. Come here and learn it is Epic exclusive. And it has been so long since I pirated a game don't even know where to look these days. Hah!
Yas Latvian Queen

GameFly shipped it out today so I guess I'll try it out this weekend unless Astral Chain is so completely awesome I can't tear myself away from it. Console performance sounding pretty abysmal, the ridiculous motion blur that they copied over from Quantum Break [that everyone hated, and for which there is no toggle or even ini fix for on PC], and the generic gameplay I've seen has my expectations very low.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
the ridiculous motion blur that they copied over from Quantum Break [that everyone hated, and for which there is no toggle or even ini fix for on PC]

Ugh, instant nausea inducing effect. Wish I had not claimed my free game so I could give the code away now.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
the best part about new games with strong, independent female leads, is the inevitable nude mod

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Played for maybe 8 hours today. Few star and stops for RL stuff. On PC. Mouse / Keyboard. 980TI so no ray tracing.

All in all really enjoyed it. Not winning any awards or anything but it is well put together. Powers work well, maps are well done, audio, visuals, it all works well enough.

Finding the story interesting. Sort of a combination of Warehouse 13, Half Life, and a few other things. Keeps me reading the little bits of info scattered around. Inter office memos, case reports, audio recordings, videos. Some pretty strange stuff too. Nothing I saw in gameplay videos made it look like it would come together as well as it has felt. Most stuff just works and flows well.

Few nitpicks though.... the game takes a dump every time you open / close the menu. No idea how this is even a thing. I run at a decently locked 80 fps, but menuing drops it to like zero for a second dropping in and out. Very strange stuff. Also inventory management is stupid. With the amount of mods that drop being restricted to 24 sucks. Especially compounded with the need to go to inventory and salvage the old stuff when you run out of room.

Also the map is a double edged sword. The game is refreshingly non linear. Not open world but gated by abilities, upgrades, and kind of the old school key card system. So there’s back tracking once you can go open up a whole secondary section of a map. Not annoyingly so, not totally Metroidvania so, but a good space between. Maps sort of have a Surge feel, but better laid out. Anyways, back to the map. It is just useful enough to use but not enough to be really useful. It forces you to pay more attention to the game world rather than tunnel vision on map markers, but it is 2d in a very 3d world and has no markers or ability to create them. There’s a fine line there but I’m sure there are doors I could open and no idea where they are now. Fast Travel helps with some of that. Not sure 100% how I feel.

No super boss fights so far. Good enemy variety, but if you spec in to launch everything is pretty trivial. Just throw the world at everything and shit dies.

Anyways, hopefully finish it up tomorrow. If things stay this way I’ll be very happy with it. Never played Quantum Break.