COVID travels

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Hi forum!

I'm really looking for help deciding where to take a 4 day trip during this COVID bullshit, during December. I asked a family member who has traveled everywhere and they suggested, of all places, Scottsdale, AZ. I've never been to AZ so I have no clue. I wanted to goto NYC, but everything is still closed. Considered Amsterdam & Bahamas. Hawaii too long to get to. Don't want to go back to Mexico. Is there any hidden gem in Tennessee or the Virginias that time of year? Where would you go for 4-5 day trip, in December, considering the retardedness of everything being fucked up by COVID.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Hi forum!

I'm really looking for help deciding where to take a 4 day trip during this COVID bullshit, during December. I asked a family member who has traveled everywhere and they suggested, of all places, Scottsdale, AZ. I've never been to AZ so I have no clue. I wanted to goto NYC, but everything is still closed. Considered Amsterdam & Bahamas. Hawaii too long to get to. Don't want to go back to Mexico. Is there any hidden gem in Tennessee or the Virginias that time of year? Where would you go for 4-5 day trip, in December, considering the retardedness of everything being fucked up by COVID.

I'd go to the Caribbean. Europe is all messed up with quarantines but lots of places in caribbean don't give a fuck, they're starved for tourism bucks and everything is dirt cheap. Try Barbados or Caymans or Bahamas. Punta Cana is probably even cheaper than dirt

• 1Like

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
I'd go to the Caribbean. Europe is all messed up with quarantines but lots of places in caribbean don't give a fuck, they're starved for tourism bucks and everything is dirt cheap. Try Barbados or Caymans or Bahamas. Punta Cana is probably even cheaper than dirt

Love that idea. Great Exhuma in Bahamas would be amazing. I’ve only seen it in the Fyre doc!

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Love that idea. Great Exhuma in Bahamas would be amazing. I’ve only seen it in the Fyre doc!

I use Travelzoo.com and TripMasters as my first places to check for deals. Last year me and my wife went on our honeymoon for 7 days to Budapest, Vienna and Prague (hotel + air + train included) for $1200 a person. That was pre-covid

I mean you can get a 3 night stay in Jamaica in a 5 star all inclusive hotel with airfare included for $600 right now on Travelzoo.com

1603153957900.png

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Hotel + flight to Punta cana for $500

1603154053402.png

• 1Cringe

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
one more option. head down to Tampa and kick back at Siesta Key for 3 days. white sand beaches, a state that gives zero fucks about covid and shutdowns and probably dirt cheap hotels. bars, restaurants, etc. will be open

domestic airfare is laughably cheap right now too, last week i flew $99 round trip from LA to CHicago

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Hi forum!

Tanzania. May catch the late end of the great migration in the Serengeti.

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
he's got 4 days bro, not 4 weeks
2 day safari is decent. Id prefer 3 full days if you can squeeze an extra day.

You've obviously never safari'd before have you comrade? Not the mind of thing you do for 4 weeks unless you're insanely insanely insanely rich. 3 day safari pre covid doing serengeti would prob be like 5k for higher end lodging.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
2 day safari is decent. Id prefer 3 full days if you can squeeze an extra day.

You've obviously never safari'd before have you comrade? Not the mind of thing you do for 4 weeks unless you're insanely insanely insanely rich. 3 day safari pre covid doing serengeti would prob be like 5k for higher end lodging.

He said Hawaii is too far but you want him to fly 16 hours to Africa :|

• 1Worf

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
well he has "-US" in his name as in @Falxy-US so its a good chance he lives in US

he also mentioned Virginias or Tennessee as option which isnt normally a destination for foreigners.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
We just did a week in Marco island. The travel portion of the trip was great. Not much traffic at the airports, even ATL was dead. Flight middle seat is empty so more legroom. Not as much luggage so retrieving it was quick. Beaches and pools were not packed so that was nice too. Flights and room were cheaper than normal but nothing crazy.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
one more option. head down to Tampa and kick back at Siesta Key for 3 days. white sand beaches, a state that gives zero fucks about covid and shutdowns and probably dirt cheap hotels. bars, restaurants, etc. will be open

domestic airfare is laughably cheap right now too, last week i flew $99 round trip from LA to CHicago

I saw a $55 two-day Halloween weekend round-trip from Providence to Miami recently. Can't remember where. But yeah, that's how cheap things are getting. Funny thing is, I was at the airport the other day and asked about a that-evening flight to Amsterdam. Figured if it was dirt-cheap and had a return flight within a couple days, why not. Well, it was $1400. This was like 3 hours before the flight was leaving. So you'd think last-minute tickets would be cheap but apparently not. The flight algorithms seem to be completely bonkers at the moment when flights are all over the place in price.

Edit: The $55 flight was either Spirit or Southwest.

Any recommended sites/airlines for getting ridiculous deals like that? I've heard Cheapoair is good. I don't particularly need a vacation but I wouldn't mind taking one that costs almost nothing.

Last edited:

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Hi forum!

If you want to ski and shit, lots of places in CO and WY that time of year. Though they are predicting a dry winter so that might suck, and skiing is usually expensive as fuck. Are you wanting to do touristy shit or go hiking/camping, or what?