Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
The fuck is co-working?

• 4Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

SuperNaught

Trakanon Raider
Cabbage and pinto beans for lunch it is. We'll see how that affects the immediate environment.

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I would do this if they had one near me in NJ. I'm not commuting into the city to work.
As for the meat thing, it's probably just some bullshit marketing thing to appeal to the hipsters.

Sentagur

Low and to the left
<Silver Donator>
The fuck is co-working?
Its a place for people without the mental fortitude to be a hermit and work from home because fuck socializing. And yeah pick up chicks who are desperate enough to go there to be picked up.

• 5Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I thought this was going to be about open working spaces. Which I think if ever got implemented where I work would be cause for me to immediately quit.

This sounds like maybe...personal work space that individuals rent or something? Sounds retarded.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Sometimes I feel like being somewhere other than my office so I rent a desk in a co working space in Manhattan. Different atmosphere and different people help the brain function. However, WeWork is retarded with this food thing (most restaurant receipts dont have a break down of the food ordered so how do they plan on enforcing this?); also their space prices suck penis.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
(most restaurant receipts dont have a break down of the food ordered so how do they plan on enforcing this?);

Wait, what? Mom and pop shops are like 50/50 on breaking down the receipt, but every restaurant chain in America itemizes their receipts in my experience.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Wait, what? Mom and pop shops are like 50/50 on breaking down the receipt, but every restaurant chain in America itemizes their receipts in my experience.
Thats before you pay for it with your credit card.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Co-working space around here literally has sad sack fucks doing a group breakfast once a week and a group lunch as well, since they miss the drudgery of an office.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
instead of lounging and typing away at Starbucks for the cost of a coffee everyday(now you don't even have to do that), you dress up in office attire, pay a membership fee and type away w/ other ppl that have done the same. it's like a private club for working.

• 3Worf
  • 2Like

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
instead of lounging and typing away at Starbucks for the cost of a coffee everyday(now you don't even have to do that), you dress up in office attire, pay a membership fee and type away w/ other ppl that have done the same. it's like a private club for working.
The fuck is wrong with people? Days I telework (which are rare), I have on max, boxers.

• 8Solidarity
  • 3Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 12 users

Sentagur

Low and to the left
<Silver Donator>
The fuck is wrong with people? Days I telework (which are rare), I have on max, boxers.
Some people would pay to be able to work in a cubicle again so some companies found a way to exploit this.
Edit : Workshops on the other had i understand, renting a space and paying membership to get access to professional tools for which you wouldnt have a budget and/or space is understandable.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I was kind of worried I'd miss some form of socialization when I started working from home full time for my new job and planned to maybe go work out and about somewhere maybe once every two weeks. Nope. Fuck that, when I can just sit at home in comfy pants or just naked all day not giving a shit. Also, my bed's right there to take a nap during my lunch time.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Some people would pay to be able to work in a cubicle again so some companies found a way to exploit this.
Edit : Workshops on the other had i understand, renting a space and paying membership to get access to professional tools for which you wouldnt have a budget and/or space is understandable.
yea i've rented conference rooms from these shared places too for a few hours, the ppl who rented the coworking space (usually a desk) also have access to shared amenities like conference rooms, etc

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
So, wait, people are paying so they can work in a cubicle instead of from home?

Everyone I know would gladly take a pay cut in order to work from home instead of heading to the workplace everyday. Those guys are doing the opposite? They watched The Office and thought you know what, I want that in my life?

What the fuck

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
This seems retarded unless you for some reason need teleconferencing gear or your entire small team is going to one of these spaces together in support of a larger company.

I know WeWork offer not just something for individuals but basically rents small offices to companies who have workers scattered all across the company. This makes a bit more sense for a model, since they can use shared conferencing resources and I believe they even let you setup your corporate VPN router in the rental spaces.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
There are other reasons why this might be a good thing for some people. If all you can afford is a shit-hole apartment with a stupid room mate, taking/making calls and video conferences won't work. If you do something that requires huge amounts of uploads, and this place offers premium upload speeds, super. If you have a small work group that needs a space once a week, makes sense.

But if you're just paying money simply in order to have an office space for no good reason? That's dumb.

I've started doing all my business calling from my wood shop. It's awesome.