Creative Assembly gets Warhammer

Knytestorme_sl

shitlord
http://www.businesswire.com/news/hom...Games-Workshop

This has epic implications. Given CA's gameplay in Total War series I can see this being the ultimate version of tabletop play coming to the PC, just the idea of a 40k version of TW has me wishing it were out now but I have a feeling that Fantasy Battles will make a better fit due to the way units work as blocks compared to 40k being spread out.

Nebuchadnezzar

Golden Squire
Just read about this. Good things seem very possible. I've dabbled with WH 40k but never with the fantasy version...does it have it's own take or is it just generic orcs/dwarves/humans/elves?

Still hoping for ASOIAF Total War (I know people are working on a mod)...

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Interesting for sure. While I generally don't find the Warhammer Fantasy world nearly as entertaining as WH40K, with the total war guys being in charge of a fantasy license of this scope I am definitely intrigued.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
Not sure how I feel about this.

The past several 40k games have been quite excellent and I'm not sure I want to see them lose the licence as they did a good job with it.

However, I really would like to see another Warhamer Fantasy game, though I'm not sure how likely that is.

I was originally excited as I thought this was just a new deal for Fantasy going to these guys and Relic (?) keeping 40k, but that seems not to be the case if the first project will be some horrible "Alien" game.

Filthy Xenos.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Not sure how I feel about this.

The past several 40k games have been quite excellent and I'm not sure I want to see them lose the licence as they did a good job with it.

However, I really would like to see another Warhamer Fantasy game, though I'm not sure how likely that is.

I was originally excited as I thought this was just a new deal for Fantasy going to these guys and Relic (?) keeping 40k, but that seems not to be the case if the first project will be some horrible "Alien" game.

Filthy Xenos.
Pretty sure that Relic has already been developing DoW3 for awhile now, and I don't see GW going through the trouble of yanking the 40k license when Relic has been doing a decent enough job with the IP.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
Pretty sure that Relic has already been developing DoW3 for awhile now, and I don't see GW going through the trouble of yanking the 40k license when Relic has been doing a decent enough job with the IP.
I hope you are right!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user