Crime Fiction

Pops

I love Elmore Leonard.

Just readLast Call for the Livingby Peter Farris. Great new author.

Kez_sl

shitlord
Haven't kept up with either series, but I loved the Harry Bosch books by Michael Connelly and the Dave Robicheaux books by James Lee Burke.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
I find it really really hard to read anything other than michael connelly for crime noir nowadays. He's just that much better than everyone else in the genre. John Sandford's "Prey" series isn't too far behind, and I like Jeffery Deaver's books too.

Everytime I try someone new that's gotten good recommendations, it's the same old cliched crap over and over, with horribly written wooden stereotypical characters.

Pops

Deon Meyer, a South African writer I discovered in the new book section of my local library has a bunch of good books. That new book section has saved me a ton of money, besides introducing new authors. Far easier to read for free.

Burke has a new series, a 70 plus sherriff Hackberry Holland. Live Dave tied to the Veitnam War, Holland is a Korean War vet, geezers like myself. Hard to imagine either of them surviving the escapades Burke puts them through. Still enjoyable to read.