Crimes of the Future

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

spronk

FPS noob
3.00 star(s) Rating: 3.00/5 1 Votes
Title: Crimes of the Future

Genre: Science Fiction, Horror, Drama

Director: David Cronenberg

Cast: Viggo Mortensen, Léa Seydoux, Kristen Stewart, Scott Speedman, Welket Bungué, Don McKellar, Lihi Kornowski, Tanaya Beatty, Yorgos Karamihos, Yorgos Pirpassopoulos, Nadia Litz

Plot: As the human species adapts to a synthetic environment, the body undergoes new transformations and mutations. With his partner Caprice, Saul Tenser, celebrity performance artist, publicly showcases the metamorphosis of his organs in avant-garde performances. Timlin, an investigator from the National Organ Registry, obsessively tracks their movements, which is when a mysterious group is revealed. Their mission – to use Saul’s notoriety to shed light on the next phase of human evolution.

spronk

FPS noob

From David Cronenberg whose done movies like The Fly, Eastern Promises, ExistenZ, Scanners, and more. Great cast including Aragorn, Twilight chick, and Lea Sedoux (Mission Impossible, No Time To Die)

Looks trippy as Cronenberg returns to his body horror roots, out in Cannes next month and wide-ish theatrical release June 2022. Looks extremely disturbing.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Szlia

Cronenberg's first two feature films (that feel a bit like overlong student films really) have been added as DVD bonus to some of his classics. One of those was already titled Crimes of the Future, but I have only a very vague memory of it. It's a none issue since this one is not supposed to be related to it, but the thing of note is that his first Crimes of the Future was.... 52 years ago ! Damn... his first film, Stereo was in 1969...

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I'm down for anything that shakes the coo-coo's nest and unnerves its audiences. I was one of the five people who really liked Climax back in 2019.

My quest to chase the dragon that is being as freaked out by a horror movie as I was the first time I saw John Carpenter's The Thing is a never-ending battle, so they piqued my interest with that "last 20 minutes will cause walk-outs" talk.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
There was a time when The Exorcist caused people to vomit, faint, have panic attacks, you name it.

In this day and age of deep jadedness, I wonder if what Cronenberg says is just hype or if he can pull it off.

Videodrome really freaked me the fuck out when I saw it in the mid '80s. Existenz was interesting. Naked Lunch was <<boggle!>>.

All I know is that stuff that scared the bejeezus out of me when I was young has little to no effect on my son. People's sensibilities are, in general, wildly different now.

But I am intrigued.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Body horror can definitely fuck with me and Croenenburg is the master of it.

Regardless I am just excited for new work by him.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

spronk

FPS noob

61799680.jpg

• 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 user

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Looks great, can't wait. Booked tickets to the Imax showing then immediately after to the atmos xplus screen. Gonna go with a pack of friends in fetish gear and latex

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Wow. That last trailer shows Cronenberg going back to his roots.

It's like Existenz meets Naked Lunch meets Crash. Body horror erotica.

I am not sure if I am morbidly curious or actually interested.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
What a random golden age for Gieger fans lol. Looks great.

Scorn is finally coming out this year too if this kind of shit is your bag:

Fucking youtube is nazis and apparently you can't embed a fucking video game trailer lol?

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database