Crimson Desert

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Crimson Desert

New mmorpg coming from Pearl Abyss (Black Desert).

Been playing BDO recently and heard about this there. BDO 2?. At least a couple of years away. They have a couple of other games coming also.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I'm still, and will probably always be, salty about BDO. I'll still probably give this a shot whenever it comes out, just won't be going hardcore like I did with BDO both time-wise and money-wise.

Molten Core Raider
From what I've read about this, it looks less like a straight up mmo and more like a multi-player survival style game (it also has single player content). MassivelyOP labels this game a "survival fantasy game which sounds interesting. Beta is supposedly next year.

I think PA is making a few BDO related things like this and the stand-alone Shadow Arena (the exploit-heavy battle royale mode that was in the BDO mmo for a while before being disabled).

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
If combat is as nice as BDO, doesn't have the shit crafting system and the game is more PVE focused I would give it a shot.

I can even take it being grindy level wise, but if I have to deal with crafting that breaks or poof items and spend entire months afk to attempt again....

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Its an MMO set in a time prior to current BDO, far enough back that only a little will be recognizable. The "single player" content is just the Story campaign. Not sure where Massively got the "survival" part from. The reveal presentation was pretty badly done, or the translations were.

Molten Core Raider
Yeah I dunno, need more info for sure. Some other youtube vids i ran across talk about the game having more of traditional mmorpg focus, so probably more pve content than BDO, which could be fun. I'm definitely wanting to see more, but man, Ive dropped a fair bit of cash on BDO over the years, gonna suck walking away from it into a new game but I guess that's the point.

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Hey, at least we get to see what happened to Jon Snow after he went north of the Wall.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Im super interested to see if the BDO team learned anything from what the western audience doesnt like about their MMO. Cause BDO is awesome, and at the same time, not.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Randin

Trakanon Raider
So, what info I've been able to find is both describing this as an MMO, and as having you play as five pre-made characters through its story. I really don't get how that works; how does an MMO work when everyone is playing as Geralt of Rivia (not a Witcher based on Geralt, but actually playing as Geralt)?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
So, what info I've been able to find is both describing this as an MMO, and as having you play as five pre-made characters through its story. I really don't get how that works; how does an MMO work when everyone is playing as Geralt of Rivia (not a Witcher based on Geralt, but actually playing as Geralt)?
Well FFXIV does the same thing, more or less. In the story, you are the Warrior of Light, you and you alone. However, there's plenty of adventurers who are highly skilled and posses similar powers(the Echo), that you group with to defeat strong opponents. Everyone in their own story is the warrior of light, but the ppl you group with are just adventurers. It's just a narrative trick, not sure why you'd get hang up on it.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It could also allow you to replay the Story to get the PoV's of each of the characters (all of whom I imagine have some tie in to characters/events in current BDO).

Daidraco

I still have no idea if this game is single player or an MMO-lite, but Im under the impression that its an MMO lite AND it gets rid of a lot of the grindy Asian shit that BDO has. Is that accurate?

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
This game is never coming out. It just looks like BDO in remastered. I don't understand why PA wasted money on this.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I still have no idea if this game is single player or an MMO-lite, but Im under the impression that its an MMO lite AND it gets rid of a lot of the grindy Asian shit that BDO has. Is that accurate?

That looks ridiculous, insane, and stupid.

In the most awesome ways possible. Like they made The Witcher but directed by John Woo. Super hyped to be severely disappointed when this releases

• 2Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This game is never coming out. It just looks like BDO in remastered. I don't understand why PA wasted money on this.
It's a single player game using their new engine. I think it's also a test to see if they can use for BDO itself, since the graphics BDO are pretty dated outside of the player characters...you can really notice this during the shitty in-game cutscenes.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

It's a single player game using their new engine. I think it's also a test to see if they can use for BDO itself, since the graphics BDO are pretty dated outside of the player characters...you can really notice this during the shitty in-game cutscenes.
As long as it doesnt have that atrocious ass pop in that BDO has, Im fine. When I first started playing that game, it didnt do that shit. Tried it again last year and its just awful now, and even worse - I have a 4090 Strix instead of the 970 I used back then.

I was kind of hoping for an MMO, or an MMO lite kind of component with it because someone teased it to me that it was that without the gear +1 type of shit. Which I would be so fucking down for - but single players fine I guess.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
At one point, they did say you could co-op in Crimson Desert. Yea, pop in in BDO has gotten worse as it adds more and more stuff. They have to cull mobs / npcs on Console to make it playable.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
If the story is anything like the latest BDO expansion then this will be a flaming hot pile of shit.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users