Crisis on NBC

spronk

FPS noob

Decent first hour. Has Gillian Anderson (in her normal American accent!) and a few other high powered actors, mixed with a bunch of interchangeable tweenys. Gillian Anderson looks fucking hot as ever, its crazy to think she did x-files like 20 years ago.

Plot is basically a bunch of kids belong to the elite (including the president's son) get kidnapped. Plot twists abound! I think I read that the entire storyline is supposed to be wrapped in 13 episodes, although I am skeptical of such claims nowadays.

Critic reviews are mixed, so far I am liking it but I can see the show dragging by the third or fourth episode.

Cybsled

I think I read that the entire storyline is supposed to be wrapped in 13 episodes, although I am skeptical of such claims nowadays.
Ya, that's basically code for "This is a limited run series...unless it does well, then we milk it!"

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
If this is the type of show that can tell a complete story over 13 episodes, I could see it being really good television. If it's going to hang in that nebulous "Oh, we'll call it a miniseries so we can walk away with our heads held high when it gets cancelled" places, it'll almost certainly end up being another shows whose mystery is buried beneath the lack of payoff as they try to drag it out as long as possible. I'm hopeful for the former, because at first glance, this really doesn't strike me as the type of shows whose concept allows for more than a couple seasons worth of story. I mean, they have to get those kids back at some point, otherwise they might as well just shut down the FBI, and once they do that, how much of a show is there?

faille

Molten Core Raider
only 5 min in, but holy shit that is some crappy cheesy green screening.
That seems to be typical of NBC, I remember the green screening on V a few years back being truly awful as well.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Loved the first episode! I think I'd watch the whole season if they pulled a Netflix and released the whole thing right away.

Can't wait to see how it plays out!

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Show's been cancelled and pulled from air. Who know's if/when we'll see the remaining episodes of the season. Shame really, this would have been a good 1 season show.

Cybsled

It was too close in theme to the show 'Hostages', which also did shitty. "Guilt" by association can always doom shows/movies.

Cybsled

9pm Sunday is a death slot for most networks because of all the huge shows that play at 9pm typically on cable (HBO + AMC being the obvious kings of that category).

spronk

FPS noob
nbc has been pretty decent about putting unaired shows on the web, so hopefully the rest of the episodes go up soon. I thought the show was 10 episodes total, but some people are saying 13 now so not sure if there are 2 or 5 left. I also thought the entire show was SUPPOSED to be one season, ala the entire arc will be closed up and a new crisis manufactured if a season 2 starts up. Thats the only reason I watched. Its decent for what it is, not great but not too bad either and the bad guy is fun to watch. The mummy guy from The Mummy is in it too, although he and Gillian Anderson have barely any screen time.

Its pretty sad though that this is sweeps month, and NBC has decided that putting up repeats of saturday night live on a sunday night will bring in more viewers than new shows. Sunday is just a horrible night for networks, its the one night my torrent client has like 15+ things downloading.

Soriak_sl

shitlord
Show's been cancelled and pulled from air. Who know's if/when we'll see the remaining episodes of the season. Shame really, this would have been a good 1 season show.
That's really weak... I hope they release the remaining episodes soon, given how each episode ends with a cliffhanger.

spronk

FPS noob
they aired the final 2 episodes last night, i torrented all the ones i missed and marathoned through the show. unless you really, really want to finish the show (its already cancelled) i'd say skip it. It was decent enough until the last 2 episodes, where the writers seem to have just gotten burned out and let the intern finish or something.

the show does have a final resolution and everything gets wrapped up, it was pretty good for 10 episodes or so but not worth watching unless you are bored out of your mind. felt mostly like a 24-lite with shitty kid actors