Crossout

Mick

<Gold Donor>
I saw a stream this weekend and it looked interesting. I signed up to be in the beta.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I'll give it a go if/when it ever comes out. If nothing more than just building shit. It does look like the type of game that will boring pretty fast tho.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Bump, missed the beta, never got an invite. Noticed this is released. Doesn't look super popular. But just the zany various vehicles in the "exhibition" that others have made is neat and that if you have the parts you can one click copy the thing. (some silly some attempts at being OP)

Typical Gajiin does sound to be incredibly grindy ala war thunder etc. Technically open beta, so doesnt seem to be a x $ for x time of boosted income. The premium currency can be earned in game a few ways, and theres a player market. A lot of people bitch that all sales taxed at 10%. Which inately, takes premium currency out of the game. So trying to establish steady income to devs...

Barely got started futzing around with it. The paid for vehicle packs I guess some suck or basically what you get can eventually break leaving you stuck impossible to really replace it until you grind to the level where you can get it normally. But Ive read a few places the $10 vehicle is nice for unlocking some basic low level gear to buy, and all packs even the $10 increase the max equiped parts for all vehicles which is pretty important I guess.

Rime

<Donor>
You are 100% wrong about Gajin being grindy. They used to be good about it, but once they released War Thunder from early access, they pulled a LOT of shady shit. Raising prices on packs, then putting them on 'sale' at their original price for holidays/steam specials, massively increasing the grind for higher tier vehicles (effectively forcing players to pay or be worthless for a good 30-40 hours - And I mean absolutely worthless. At high tiers, if you are not fully specced in a tank, you literally cannot do anything except cause minor damage unless you get a 1/1000 shot), nerfing paying players income rate (to further increase the grind - they also applied this to f2p, which crippled their ability to make money), and not paying out for their tournaments (both in IRL $ and when they did an ingame 'betting' pool on tournaments).

Game (Crossout) is neat, but if you are not willing to drop money, you are worthless grind bait for the people who played in the beta/have bought things.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
You are 100% wrong about Gajin being grindy. They used to be good about it, but once they released War Thunder from early access, they pulled a LOT of shady shit. Raising prices on packs, then putting them on 'sale' at their original price for holidays/steam specials, massively increasing the grind for higher tier vehicles (effectively forcing players to pay or be worthless for a good 30-40 hours - And I mean absolutely worthless. At high tiers, if you are not fully specced in a tank, you literally cannot do anything except cause minor damage unless you get a 1/1000 shot), nerfing paying players income rate (to further increase the grind - they also applied this to f2p, which crippled their ability to make money), and not paying out for their tournaments (both in IRL $ and when they did an ingame 'betting' pool on tournaments).

Game (Crossout) is neat, but if you are not willing to drop money, you are worthless grind bait for the people who played in the beta/have bought things.

I spent probably 2-300 hundred on warthunder. Put a 300 hours into it so probably worth it, but ya I quit shortly after tanks came out and it just got retarded with how many different transactions you had to make to square away your crew / vehicle so you didn't get fucked on. Was a fun as fuck game too, but fuck Gajin.

Only f2p game getting my money now is Path of Exile.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user