Cuphead

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So this frustration simulator released today, has anyone been playing? Watching some streams and it is most definitely not a game I would play unless I suddenly become a masochist:

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I was tempted to buy this from GMG the past couple days (~$15), but I figure it couldn't hurt to wait. I'm worried that the game will be incredibly short, and/or so frustratingly hard that I don't want to play it.

But now I'm kind of wishing I'd just bought it.

It probably would've been a must buy if co-op wasn't local only.

Last edited:

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I was tempted to buy this from GMG the past couple days (~$15), but I figure it couldn't hurt to wait. I'm worried that the game will be incredibly short, and/or so frustratingly hard that I don't want to play it.

But now I'm kind of wishing I'd just bought it.

Sums up how I feel about sex these days.

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
This game looks(artistically) phenomenal. I'll probably pick it up on a Steam sale at some point.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
In third world right now, the first world is literally a tutorial for the rest of the game, if you like Dark Souls you'll love this game, hard but fair and the music fits the game really good.

spronk

FPS noob
you can get this for $10 today if you have amazon prime, click this and get the 30 day amazon prime trial and enter code MUSIC1 for $10 promo, be sure to cancel your trial after you get the $10. works only if you have amazon prime (works on accts that are prime-adjacent or whatever, like when your wife or sister sets you as her prime buddy)
https://www.amazon.com/b/ref=as_li_ss_tl?node=17316659011

• 1Barf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Looks like it is a Windows play anywhere title so if you get it on Xbone you get the PC version via the windows store as well and vice versa.

spronk

FPS noob
yes, but the steam version is NOT the same that won't give you the xb1 version. i don't thikn there is any multiplayer so it doesn't really matter that much which one you get, i guess, but again only the win10/xb1 version gives you cross play, not the steam version (and if they put it out on origin, uPlay, GoG, etc)

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Picked it up for PC and have beaten 5 or 6 boss stages, 2 run and gun stages and unlocked the first super attack. Did most of those on the first try so I'm guessing I'm still in the super early game and the difficulty will ramp up. Game is amazingly fun, the audio/visual combo is incredible and the controls are tight. Most everything so far follows a pattern or has an obvious tell before something big happens. Sort of reminds me of Mike Tyson Punch Out with the rhythm of dodge/counter being important to most of the fights.

• 1Like

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
The only version right now that has Multi-Player compatbility is the Steam version(you can opt into the beta branch of cuphead) everything else right now is local co-op only and what little I played online with a friend the netcode is very clean, min lag even on my garbage connection.

• 1Like

Palum

what Suineg set it to
That art style is really slick but I can't stand side scrollers anymore meh

• 1Salty

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
So far most of the game has been boss battle after boss battle, that is the stage is a boss fight and only a boss fight. It seems like for every three bosses there is one side scroller level with a mini boss at some point in it.

norp

Bronze Squire
I'm not a huge fan of side scrollers but this game is super good. It never feels unfair, and the art/music style is fantastic. A+!

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So far most of the game has been boss battle after boss battle, that is the stage is a boss fight and only a boss fight. It seems like for every three bosses there is one side scroller level with a mini boss at some point in it.
Apparently it was originally just a boss rush. But they decided to expand it at one point.