Curling

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Great news for us US fans that like Curling because NBC Sports Network and Universal Sports is going to air some live matches in February. I hope it gets some decent ratings so they show more. It usually does well ratings wise during the Olympics so hopefully they get the word out and people watch.

http://pressbox.teamusa.org/Pages/CU...pionships.aspx

NBC Sports to air four games live from 2013 National Championships

(STEVENS POINT, Wis.) - Twelve hours of live playoff action from the 2013 USA Curling National Championships presented by Brooms Up Curling Supplies will be broadcast on Universal Sports and NBC Sports Network.

-On Friday, Feb. 15, Universal Sports will air both the women's semifinal and the men's semifinal games live. The women's game is set for 3 p.m. ET with the men's game following at 9 p.m. ET.

-On Saturday, Feb. 16, the championship finals take center stage. NBC Sports Network will air the women's gold-medal match at 10 a.m. ET followed by the men's gold-medal final at 4 p.m. ET.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Awesome news. This is a great sport! If you've got a place to play it where you live, take it. You'll have a blast.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Sweet, that's literally the only sport I will watch in any Olympics, summer or winter. I have no idea why.

Very fun sport. I haven't played in a few years as I've been too busy, but I really should get back into it. Not sure if this common or just related to the clubs I played at, but drinking was a relatively prominent part of things. Membership with the club included unlimited free beer (not trash beer either) and we'd usually toast one pre and post-game. If you've never tried it before, definitely seek out a club and give it a shot. You'll enjoy yourself and have a new respect for how difficult it actually is to do what they're doing on TV.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I want one of these for my house.

aa3TQYT.jpg

Aevian

Silver Knight of the Realm
Long time lurker, but saw a curling thread so I thought I'd chime in. If you are even slightly interested in curling, definitely give it a shot. I think most people would be surprised to see that there is some sort of curling club around them. I never thought there would be one in Oklahoma City, but I'm having a blast with it. It's a fun game to play and you plenty of beer to go around usually.

For a lot of the curling clubs outside the northern part of the US, they are really trying to increase club membership before the Olympics. My club will be hosting open houses for people interested in curling to come and give it a shot and I imagine most other clubs will do the same.