Curse of the Dead Gods

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
New to me. Seems like a mix of Slay the Spire / Darkest Dungeon / Torchlight. In Early Access now:

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, looking forward to giving this a shot tonight.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yes please. Will definitely be checking this out.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Only $14.99. Getting some good reviews on Steam at the onset :) Looks fun!

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Game is really fun. I would now say its like a good mix of Slay the Spire and Hades. Fyi, Spear is a good heavy weapon and any Poison weapon is good as well.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anyone know how to heal? :)
So far I've only seen healing coming from Artifacts that require you to do something to get healed; heal for % crit dmg, heal for % of enemy killed via environment, etc. There are also "Havens" you can reach along the path up, but you heal for like 230hp for 10 corruption. You can get royally fucked by a trap room, lol. Killed the first Champion, and it was rather easy compared to some of the rooms going up. Having quite a bit of fun with this, though I have to come up with a better controller layout.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I hate the controls. I want the buttons to switch weapons and trigger to swing. I can't get down on it.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Lol saw this and immediately added it to my Wishlist. That Darkest Dungeon aesthetic really clicks. Look forward to seeing your reviews.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Anyone know how to heal? :)

In addition to previous mentioned ways I also found a big spiked shield that heals you for 1% every time you kill an enemy. Was best healing I’ve found outside of the shrine which curses you.

I still haven’t got far yet but really fun game for only being 1/3 of the way done. The lighting and graphics are really cool.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Lol saw this and immediately added it to my Wishlist. That Darkest Dungeon aesthetic really clicks. Look forward to seeing your reviews.

It’s cool so far though I have only played an hour. Branching pathways to choose what type of content your dungeon has, just like Slay the spire. Gameplay is like a slower Hades, which I also really enjoy. Your weapons switch up constantly as you find stuff which I’m digging, nice change up from Hades style of picking one and augmenting it. Not dogging Hades style, just glad it’s different enough it doesn’t feel like a ripoff.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I broke down and bought this because it looks right up my alley. One playthrough in and I am not disappointed.

I got an artifact that healed for 5% of all critical damage which paired nicely with a machete that guaranteed critical damage for charged attacks. It did not keep me alive for long.

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I broke down and bought this because it looks right up my alley. One playthrough in and I am not disappointed.

I got an artifact that healed for 5% of all critical damage which paired nicely with a machete that guaranteed critical damage for charged attacks. It did not keep me alive for long.

Hah yeah that happened to me too. Combat is intense and you need to know more than just button mashing for sure. I have problems when I enter the rooms with waves of monsters. Its pretty punishing to go through two of those and only have 100 health left and enter the third room and try to survive :)

• 1Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I was checking this out at PAX and was intrigued. Oddly they did not let on that it was coming out in early access immediately...which you would have thought would be first and foremost in mind during their spiel.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Note: using a controller for this is almost mandatory. I finally switched when i realized I needed to remap the party key and noticed the controller setup. Big difference in quality of life, for me anyway.

• 1Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Ok, I beat the first short temple mission last night and destroyed the champion because in the weapon room before it I got a main weapon mace that was 28 damage and +30% damage against burning enemies. My secondary was a shield that ignited so I just whipped up on him and his summoned dogs. I recommend the perk that starts you with 1000 gold because it makes buying your first upgrade easier but I have to say that the curse mechanic allowing you to buy an upgrade every time one is available is pretty awesome.

If you didn't know, once you beat a champion it removes all curses and curse levels so you can really go hardcore into the curses to max yourself out early.

Edit: Once you beat a champion in a longer dungeon it will remove ONE curse of your choice and your current curse level. Also, you are not healed at all after a champion fight.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Pretty sure in the second+ dungeon, you only get 1 curse removed, and your curse level remains unless you get an artifact that removes it. I've always gotten to pick a curse to remove, but my curse amount/lvl has always stayed, or I just have a bad memory about that. =)

Game has a really solid base, the combat / weapons / combos and the curse mechanic + reward rooms all work together really well. Just needs to be fleshed out with more mob / boss variety (I would prefer a pool of bosses you can fight at the various stages, rather than the same boss each time).

• 1Like