[D2: LoD mod] Median XL - Sigma

Flight

Molten Core Raider
Lots of us have played the D2: LoD mod Median XL over the years. Today (18/01/19) is the day they finally release Sigma - their own rebuild of much of the game engine - after years of development. Servers are due up around midday EST. It does many things including allowing the game to run high res without additional addons. And of course huge numbers of new items, new skills, dungeons, bosses etc etc.

Home : Home - Median XL

Forums : Median XL - Forum

Sigma 1.0 Documentation : Home :: Median XL / Game Guide

eg :

i) Mercenaries : Mercenaries :: Median XL / Game Guide

ii) End game dungeons (require level 105+) : Dungeons :: Median XL / Game Guide

ii) Items - sacred uniques (require lvl 100) : Sacred Uniques :: Median XL / Game Guide

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Very tempting to play this. I hated the old version, where you had to play in windowed mode, because the game couldnt handle the mass of enemies. Probably play a bit for nostalgia.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Nice! Was playing this last night and started looking into how to up the resolution but Median XL did not allow it.

Willy T

Trakanon Raider
They released their patcher and opened the server up at the same time. Seems like a really stupid way to go about things. It's a dumpster fire at the moment trying to download the patcher.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Tried the new patcher, error need clean install of D2. Will mess with it tonight I think.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Tried the new patcher, error need clean install of D2. Will mess with it tonight I think.

I had trouble getting it to work with the last version. once i got it to work and realized it wasn't really for me. i tried to play normal d2 for nostalgia and it basically messes with your registry so it tries to connect to their version of b.net and gives errors. just an FYI warning to anyone who ends up wanting to try vanilla D2 after.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If anyone is having trouble make sure to go to the "tools" section of their site and DL the mod manager. It allows you to set the patch you run, this one needs 1.13C, not D.

Been having a ton of fun. There's a ton more to do then in D2 and the progression is more in your face. Hit a wall in Act 4 already but bosses guarantee unique drops so I'm farming them to get some arcane shards -> crystals to make some good tiered unique bases.

Some things I forget from regular Diablo. First, does /players command not work in this mod? Also, wasn't there a mod to reset maps? Or do I have to create a new game everytime I want to cycle the bosses?

Flight

Molten Core Raider
I read /players doesn't work. Not sure about map reset but there's a quick question thread on their forums that players answer promptly that you could ask : Short Questions Thread - Page 2112 - Median XL

For clarity the game doesn't need version 1.13c. but some of the tools do. I just downloaded from Blizzard. If you want 1.13c either torrent it or it's available from this thread : Diablo LoD 1.13c on Reddit

You can have problems if you try uninstalling and installing different versions. If you uninstall use regedit and delete the following : HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Blizzard Entertainment\Diablo II

Couple of random tips

To get a mini map working for now : Help - Median XL

Setting up glide and borderless window : How to set up GLIDE WRAPPER + Borderless window (pimp your mxl) - Median XL

Quick full screen set up :

median xl fullscreen.PNG

Last edited: