Dallas

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Apparently half the board lives in this area.

And I'm going to be joining you guys soon.

Possible BBQ

And need some good recommendations for hole in the wall restaurants etc.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
And need some good recommendations for hole in the wall restaurants etc.

1st a beer:

Revolver -- Blood and Honey

One of the best beers I've ever had and comes from Granbury, TX.

Pairs with just about anything and is like 7% ABV but isn't a dark beer. Do yourself a favor and try the brand even if you don't like the Blood and Honey beer.

---

Ramen:

http://www.sumoshack.com/

Amazing Ramen place near SMU. Lots of flavor and beer on tap.

---

Burgers:

Twisted Root Burger Co. is always a good choice for burgers, beer and shakes. They have a few locations but every location I've hit up has been good service and quality.

Wife and I did the one near SMU a few times and the one in Arlington once.

---

BBQ:

There is a ton of choice on this one but wife and I liked:

Lockhart Smokehouse

Lockhart is good, well priced BBQ with really no frills. They have SOME sides but they aren't really worth mentioning.

Home - Hard Eight BBQ

Great quality and a GOOD amount of classic sides with the drawback that you have to commute a bit to get there but Coppell is a nice area (basically the asian Mecca of DFW)

For some reason neither of these places served the best burnt-ends. The best burnt ends I had came from:

Bone Daddy's (DON'T GO TO THEIR WEBSITE..apparently it has some malware that is taking it over atm...)

This place is a chain but don't discount it and 100% try the Burnt-ends if you go there.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
By beer I mean like 6$ pitches in a bar where nobody has ever taken a selfie. Lol

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Huh google search result for Dalls

Urban Dictionary: dalls

dalls

Dalls refers to the male genitalia including both the penis and testicles. The word is a combination of dick and balls or dong and balls.

"That girl from last night wanted my dalls. "

"Suck my dalls!"
the more you know.jpg

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dallas bbq is mostly terrible. Cattleack, Hard eight and Pecan Lodge are worth going to. Restaurants in general here are rife with mediocrity. We have a shitload of them though.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Tried Hard Eight. Wildly overpriced maybe average food. Prolly closer to below average

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Steak is literally the one food type Dallas does A+. If I eat BBQ I have to chug a half bottle of Tums.

I'm down to give it a whirl.

But the sex is going to be really awkward if the steak isnt great.

Last edited:

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Dallas bbq is mostly terrible. Cattleack, Hard eight and Pecan Lodge are worth going to. Restaurants in general here are rife with mediocrity. We have a shitload of them though.
Tried Hard Eight. Wildly overpriced maybe average food. Prolly closer to below average
Steak is literally the one food type Dallas does A+. If I eat BBQ I have to chug a half bottle of Tums.

You all are high..

Maybe it's being transplanted from Cali or something but compared to most places in Cali the food here is better.

When I say better, I mean on average. You have more choices for every niche food you would want as well as nearly every chain you would want. You just gotta sort through all the places that serve what you want and USUALLY you gotta drive for it.

The only exception I would say is Mexican food, I have yet to find a good mexican place.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
You all are high..

Maybe it's being transplanted from Cali or something but compared to most places in Cali the food here is better.

When I say better, I mean on average. You have more choices for every niche food you would want as well as nearly every chain you would want. You just gotta sort through all the places that serve what you want and USUALLY you gotta drive for it.

The only exception I would say is Mexican food, I have yet to find a good mexican place.

LOLWTF?

Food in Dallas is better than California? Are you fucking crazy? Literally everything else in Texas is better than California, and you pick the one thing that isn't lol. Weed too, that's about it.

LA and San Francisco are literally two of the highest rated food cities on the planet. When I go there everything from a food truck all the way to a michelin star restaurant is insanely good. Who needs fucking "chains", when there is some delish mom and pop place on every corner?

"more choices for niche food". Yeah, LA and San Fran have literally every ethnic cuisine on the planet at a top tier level but fucking DALLAS has more niche food??