DAoC: Uthgaard

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
i never got a chance to try daoc, is it like eq?

It's similar in that leveling takes a while, substantial death penalty, soloing is quite slow for most classes... In other words, the leveling experience will remind you of Classic EQ.

The PVE game isn't nearly as involved as EQ, however. There really aren't any fantastic pieces of dropped loot at the end-game, like FBSS. End-game gear in this patch comes from designing a "template" to max your char stats/resists and then finding a crafter to make it for you. It's expensive, so people will be farming/grinding even at end game. But the goal isn't to have the sweetest pixels, its to smash faces in PVP. End-game for many on Uthgard is cruising around in the PVP zones looking for fights, and shit-talking on forums. That being said, there is a system reminiscent of AA's from EQ -- but its based on PVP kills. Kill people, get Realm Points, slowly increase in strength. Plus -- enemies see you based on your Realm Rank and your Race. So, epeen on the battlefield is a real thing.

EDIT: this is a fresh server, it'll take a while before people have maxed out crafters and are selling template services. Not sure how long it takes coordinated guilds to get their crafters online, but most people will absolutely be using dropped gear for the first few months.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
For authentic experience, I hope the wights at the bottom of the Barrows is the only way to level past 42 in Albion (at 5% of a level an hour of perfect pulling), doesnt drop any loot and only supports 2 groups. Man those were the days :D

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
For authentic experience, I hope the wights at the bottom of the Barrows is the only way to level past 42 in Albion (at 5% of a level an hour of perfect pulling), doesnt drop any loot and only supports 2 groups. Man those were the days :D

Lol, it's not that bad. I remember 40+ being tolerable during Uthgard 1.0 leveling as a Merc. Hopefully Alb gets DF at least some of the time.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
1 minute past launch time and servers blew up. Good sign for player pop, at least for the first week!

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
upload_2017-1-6_14-18-24.png

Here we go

Ichu

Molten Core Raider
Despite being a prime time launch for the server's massive Euro population it looks like people are excited to play this again. I'm really looking forward to everything being polished.

Sucks you can only play on one realm, I wanted to try out a few classes I never got to before and they're separated.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
I'm fairly certain you can play more than one realm, there is just an hour lockout on swapping

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
I'm fairly certain you can play more than one realm, there is just an hour lockout on swapping

I don't think so. Don't have the link handy but you either have to delete all your chars or submit a request for realm change which takes 7 days.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
This isn't classic DAOC unless there's perma invis archers who can one shot any caster, or 1 minute 30 second mezzes =D

Ahh original DAOC. I remember the hackusations when people became aware of folks running Excalibur. I caught more than a few people using it by hiding inside tree textures, sure enough they turn and run right to me.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
This isn't classic DAOC unless there's perma invis archers who can one shot any caster, or 1 minute 30 second mezzes =D

Ahh original DAOC. I remember the hackusations when people became aware of folks running Excalibur. I caught more than a few people using it by hiding inside tree textures, sure enough they turn and run right to me.

I was one of the first warriors to 50 on MLF for classic... those archers would kill me in 3-4 shots as I recall.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I was one of the first mercs to 50 on Lancelot, one of the first few to 50 actually (dubious fucking honor as that took a group sitting in barrows for 2 weeks, 12 hours a day). And i was thrust. Sure am glad scouts were on my side. Hunters and rangers were gimpy if I recall. Fuck Healer's stuns though.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is this the patch where pygmy goblins are amazing exp in Lyonese? Where a Cabalist could just pull an entire camp with one AOE DOT spell?

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
11 AM Saturday. Server at cap with 716 on Albion queue. Probably 500-900 x2 for the other realms.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Is this the patch where pygmy goblins are amazing exp in Lyonese? Where a Cabalist could just pull an entire camp with one AOE DOT spell?

I forgot all about that. Then let one run at 5% health and it auto-pulls for your group non stop.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Made it to max and rerolled to every other realm and class. I can't make up my mind on this damned game. What are you playing? I can roll a new guy to help you out with whatever!