DAoC: Uthgard

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Ames_sl

shitlord
I just recently started playing this. I forgot how much fucking fun real RvR can be. The factions are actually pretty balanced, You can check the statistics herehttp://uthgard.net/en/herald. They have PvP conquest maps that are updated in real-time and tons of other fun shit. Midguard is the strongest faction followed by hib then alb. I am going to roll a character on Hib and try this shit out - Anyone else down to roll a character? Avg pop is around 500-600 with it peaking at around 800.

Flake

Golden Knight of the Realm
Uthgard would be decent if the population was a bit higher. 600 peak is not enough for 24/7 coverage
frown.png

Though I did have allot of fun on Uthgard.

frown.png

frown.png

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Played this about a year ago now. I realized I definitely saw DAoC through rose colored glasses.

Ames_sl

shitlord
Played this about a year ago now. I realized I definitely saw DAoC through rose colored glasses.
If you don't like pvp its not really gunna be your thing. I see you play a blue everquest server (which is not bad - I did at one time as well) so your probably not going to like how the game is laid out.

Ames_sl

shitlord
Yea lol alb is getting fucked hard lately. Me and a pal are gunna roll hib. If you roll Mid you are a FAGIT.

*opps i shoulda just edited above post instead my B bby.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
If you don't like pvp its not really gunna be your thing. I see you play a blue everquest server (which is not bad - I did at one time as well) so your probably not going to like how the game is laid out.
There aren't any EQ PvP servers worth playing on.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Red 99wasfun. You did not play there at all?
I was interested at first but some real world duties prevented me from playing for the first two months or so. Ultimately I'm glad I didn't play having seen the community.

Ames_sl

shitlord
You really missed some good times during the first 3 months. Had more fun there then most of my time on live in those three months before the server went 2 shit and the pop took a plunge. 700+ people playing a classic EQ pvp box with one boxing only was fucking glorious.

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
Ames dude daoc's combat is super slow and clunky.

Played for 30 mins and agree with above poster was def rose colored glasses.

Combat was so slow and unresponsive it made EQ feel like Tekken.

Also I def feel for ya box hopping man I can't find anything to play either shits ruff atm.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Yeah the combat was clunky (although definitely no worse than EQ), but the game was still a blast thanks to the RvR. I'd go back to playing it in a second if there was a legit server with a decent 2 - 3k population. I tried Uthgard but it wasn't worth crawling through the oldschool levelling.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
My problem with going back to DAOC on a emu was the PVE and the grind to level to the fun stuff. I didn't have an issue doing it on p1999 but for whatever reason I just can't do it again on DAOC. Forgot how bad the PVE was there I guess.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I thought the positioning etc was its own breed and had no problems. Abilities fire when used etc. If it doesn't play like WoW's UI or you can't jump and spin 4 times in the air, most people do throw their hands up.

My problem came from the only "PvP" we regularly found being PvDoor/guard farming.

Oh, or a group of RR8 +'s would come through on your ass. The relic raids and DF clears (or hiding in DF then lurking back out and ganking) were the best parts.

hats

Molten Core Raider
Bumping for interest in this game. Downloading now.

Anyone still around on here or giving up on it?

Missed DAoC the first time around so don't know which side to roll on. All of them look good.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Bleh. It's when Valewalkers/Animists were in. I don't trust DAoC when those classes are available (granted, it was during the SI expansion...).

Melicant

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I would be playing there regularly if they had faster leveling. Everyone I know that has tried it quit after a few days of the ridiculously slow leveling. Populations would be exponentially higher if you could level through bgs or any faster way then they have now.