Dark and Light (a decade later)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Graphics look pretty god damn good. Did anyone play this game when it first launched? I think I remember it being pay 2 win, but never tried it. They're saying now that it'll be buy 2 play, which would be awesome, as long as if there's a shop, it's only cosmetic items available (can't stand p2w). Still don't like hard factions, but definitely looks like it'll be worth a try!

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Shot, I remember the origional, I was in the beta and while the freedom was pretty good the overall game was buggy and not very fun, I don't think I played after beta at all.

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
I played alpha and beta, was ok, very large make your own sandbox game. It was very buggy and boring if you didnt have a group of friends to play with.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
Yeah, I played alpha as well. This was either the game with the hot air balloon torches that were sent out during night that floated over the world, or it was the one with laser crucibles that shot into the sky.

When I played there weren't any monsters or anything, you just kind of wandered. I never tried it after they added content.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Wasn't this the game that ended up being accused of being a fraud, in that you couldn't unsubscribe and they kept charging the credit cards of those who'd signed up, even after cancelling? Think the devs also went AWOL at some point. Or was that another game.

Shit looked promising though at the time.

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
Wasn't this the game that ended up being accused of being a fraud, in that you couldn't unsubscribe and they kept charging the credit cards of those who'd signed up, even after cancelling? Think the devs also went AWOL at some point. Or was that another game.

I think you're thinking of another MMO around the same time that I can't remember the name of, it was something like Malevolence Online. There was a huge drama thread on mmorpg.com about it, the creators literally sent people cd-r burn discs of their game and some guy was sleeping in the room with the server because it crashed so often. I wish I could remember the name.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
I think you're thinking of another MMO around the same time that I can't remember the name of, it was something like Malevolence Online. There was a huge drama thread on mmorpg.com about it, the creators literally sent people cd-r burn discs of their game and some guy was sleeping in the room with the server because it crashed so often. I wish I could remember the name.

Mortal Online

Xaxius

Lord Nagafen Raider
New website and steam page launched today along with a new teaser trailer. Looks like early access to begin soon.

Official Website
Steam Page

Approximately how long will this game be in Early Access?
“We expect Early Access to last approximately one year, with the full version launching around Q4 2017.”

Sure does looks better (and further along) than most of that crowdfunded shit being talked about around here.

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's not really an MMO though, it's like a hybrid survival/mmo where there's less than 1k ppl per server.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Just released for Early Access. Somewhat interested but I'm not touching until I see reviews.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Not sure why this is in MMORPG. Game looks like its using Unity and is a swords/sorcery version of ARK. Pass.

• 1Like

zero_name

Golden Knight of the Realm
According to Steam reviews we should definitely get hyped and it looks like the MMO savior has finally arrive.

shitfestmmo.png

• 1Worf