Dark and Light (a decade later)

• Guest, a new site style is ready for use. The poll to change the "default" style, and provide your feedback can be found here

Letsinod

Knight of the Realm
Aug 3, 2016
1h 26m
So this game is coming back. Few details....

etchazz

Molten Core Raider
Jul 30, 2016
1h 32m
Graphics look pretty god damn good. Did anyone play this game when it first launched? I think I remember it being pay 2 win, but never tried it. They're saying now that it'll be buy 2 play, which would be awesome, as long as if there's a shop, it's only cosmetic items available (can't stand p2w). Still don't like hard factions, but definitely looks like it'll be worth a try!

Kovaks

<Donors Crew>
Jul 30, 2016
14h 30m
Shot, I remember the origional, I was in the beta and while the freedom was pretty good the overall game was buggy and not very fun, I don't think I played after beta at all.

Vepil

B a n n e d
<Donors Crew>
Jul 30, 2016
1d 2h 47m
I played alpha and beta, was ok, very large make your own sandbox game. It was very buggy and boring if you didnt have a group of friends to play with.

Nija

Lord Nagafen Raider
Jul 30, 2016
14h 26m
Yeah, I played alpha as well. This was either the game with the hot air balloon torches that were sent out during night that floated over the world, or it was the one with laser crucibles that shot into the sky.

When I played there weren't any monsters or anything, you just kind of wandered. I never tried it after they added content.

Aaron

<Donors Crew>
Jul 30, 2016
10h 1m
Wasn't this the game that ended up being accused of being a fraud, in that you couldn't unsubscribe and they kept charging the credit cards of those who'd signed up, even after cancelling? Think the devs also went AWOL at some point. Or was that another game.

Shit looked promising though at the time.

Lunis

Lord Nagafen Raider
Jul 30, 2016
5h 11m
Wasn't this the game that ended up being accused of being a fraud, in that you couldn't unsubscribe and they kept charging the credit cards of those who'd signed up, even after cancelling? Think the devs also went AWOL at some point. Or was that another game.
I think you're thinking of another MMO around the same time that I can't remember the name of, it was something like Malevolence Online. There was a huge drama thread on mmorpg.com about it, the creators literally sent people cd-r burn discs of their game and some guy was sleeping in the room with the server because it crashed so often. I wish I could remember the name.

Lumi

<Banned>
Jul 30, 2016
I think you're thinking of another MMO around the same time that I can't remember the name of, it was something like Malevolence Online. There was a huge drama thread on mmorpg.com about it, the creators literally sent people cd-r burn discs of their game and some guy was sleeping in the room with the server because it crashed so often. I wish I could remember the name.
Mortal Online

Xaxius

Knight of the Realm
Jul 31, 2016
11h 50m
New website and steam page launched today along with a new teaser trailer. Looks like early access to begin soon.

Official Website
Steam Page

Approximately how long will this game be in Early Access?
“We expect Early Access to last approximately one year, with the full version launching around Q4 2017.”

Sure does looks better (and further along) than most of that crowdfunded shit being talked about around here.

Lunis

Lord Nagafen Raider
Jul 30, 2016
5h 11m
It's not really an MMO though, it's like a hybrid survival/mmo where there's less than 1k ppl per server.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
<Donors Crew>
Jul 30, 2016
Just released for Early Access. Somewhat interested but I'm not touching until I see reviews.

Janx

Lord Nagafen Raider
Jul 30, 2016
20h 0m
Not sure why this is in MMORPG. Game looks like its using Unity and is a swords/sorcery version of ARK. Pass.

zero_name

Knight of the Realm
Aug 7, 2016
2m
According to Steam reviews we should definitely get hyped and it looks like the MMO savior has finally arrive.

shitfestmmo.png

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
<Donors Crew>
Aug 4, 2016
12h 15m
Bikeman is playin it, for some reason it reminds me of starwars galaxies