Dark

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Another dumb thing is the fact that with all the people searching for the missing kids, literally nobody thinks to check the caves. Especially since that's right near where Mikkel disappears and it's not even closed off or anything.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Another dumb thing is the fact that with all the people searching for the missing kids, literally nobody thinks to check the caves. Especially since that's right near where Mikkel disappears and it's not even closed off or anything.
Yeah that was one of the weaker points to the show.

You might be able to explain it out that the company that owned the nuclear power plant had already done a thorough search of the caves. Now of course they did not, but they also did not want anybody just roaming around that area, given the Nuclear waste they had down there. The proximity of the Nuclear Power plant would help to explain why the city police did not go through the entire cave network. Also, logically, would a kid like Mikkel really have gone deep into a cave at night with no light source? I know I would not have at his age. I would not now. Manpower would have been better spent dredging the lake that of course they never showed them doing.

I was more bothered about the fact that the cave was not gated off for safety.

Last edited:

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Yeah that was one of the weaker points to the show.

You might be able to explain it out that the company that owned the nuclear power plant had already done a thorough search of the caves. Now of course they did not, but they also did not want anybody just roaming around that area, given the Nuclear waste they had down there. The proximity of the Nuclear Power plant would help to explain why the city police did not go through the entire cave network. Also, logically, would a kid like Mikkel really have gone deep into a cave at night with no light source? I know I would not have at his age. I would not now. Manpower would have been better spent dredging the lake that of course they never showed them doing.

I was more bothered about the fact that the cave was not gated off for safety.
Ya definitely a lot of holes but the show is so damn good that idgaf.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ya definitely a lot of holes but the show is so damn good that idgaf.
What I truly enjoyed about the show is how you can almost logically explain out every premise....even the ending.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
I don't get this discussion. The definitely searched the caves, although obviously not fully.

I have no idea which season or episode(s) but they searched the caves at some point. It was the obvious place to look. I mean WTF, they had the caves roped off for a while because of this.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
I don't get this discussion. The definitely searched the caves, although obviously not fully.

I have no idea which season or episode(s) but they searched the caves at some point. It was the obvious place to look. I mean WTF, they had the caves roped off for a while because of this.
I mean if some random kid stumbling in the dark can find the portal then how the fuck can a team of adults not lol. You trolling?

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I mean if some random kid stumbling in the dark can find the portal then how the fuck can a team of adults not lol. You trolling?
What? Jonas(Older version who at that point knew the system well) took him to 1986. That was revealed in Season 2 I think.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
What? Jonas(Older version who at that point knew the system well) took him to 1986. That was revealed in Season 2 I think.
Oh I'm still only early in S2 my bad. Still tho, you'd think with half a dozen people gone missing that cave would be turned upside down.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Oh I'm still only early in S2 my bad. Still tho, you'd think with half a dozen people gone missing that cave would be turned upside down.
Oh..I thought you had watched all 3 seasons. My mistake. I will stop spoiling it for you then.

You will love how "What the FucK? it gets at the cliff hanger for Season 2.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Oh..I thought you had watched all 3 seasons. My mistake. I will stop spoiling it for you then.

You will love how "What the FucK? it gets at the cliff hanger for Season 2.
Ya I'm sure. The twists have been solid so far. Only one I figured out real quick was the dead kid being Ulrichs brother.

Another thing I find kinda funny is how it's a small town where everyone knows eachother but Jonas' mom never thought it strange that Mikkel is a literal clone of her husband when he was young.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
A good friend of mine showed me pictures of when he was 12-14. He was pretty much a mirror of one of his sons(Cloths not withstanding) at that age. That sort of thing would not be as large of a trigger as you might think.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
A good friend of mine showed me pictures of when he was 12-14. He was pretty much a mirror of one of his sons(Cloths not withstanding) at that age. That sort of thing would not be as large of a trigger as you might think.
Ya but nobody knew who his parents even were. His foster mom would also have pictures of him. In such a small town it would surely not go unnoticed. If anything, Hannah would think Michael had an affair with Ulrich's wife and is the father of Mikkel.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Should probably not speculate until finishing, because the rabbit hole just gets fucking crazier.

Edit: To clarify, in this thread. Have fun figuring out WTF is going on on your own.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They searched them. The caves are suppose to be vast and the gateway is in a tiny remote corner that you have to crawl to. Young Jonas couldn’t even find it with a map until older Jonas marked it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
They searched them. The caves are suppose to be vast and the gateway is in a tiny remote corner that you have to crawl to. Young Jonas couldn’t even find it with a map until older Jonas marked it.
That's just one person...

In reality, if that many people just randomly went missing, that cave would be turned upside down.