Darkest Dungeon 2 (Epic store for early access - 1.0 on other platforms as well)

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Early access release on October 26th on Epic. Will last for about one year, but the full release will be on all platforms.

Darkest Dungeon II​

Gather your courage and ride out into the chaos of a world undone.​

Darkest Dungeon II is a roguelike road trip of the damned. Form a party, equip your stagecoach, and set off across a decaying landscape in a last gasp attempt to avert the apocalypse. The greatest dangers you face, however, may come from within...

Roguelike Run Structure​

Each journey is less than 5 hours, and progress you make opens up new hero abilities, items, and stagecoach upgrades that can be used on your next adventure!

The Affinity System​

As travels progress, heroes bond with each other or grate on each others’ nerves, leading to desperately needed combat synergies or journey-ending dysfunction. Manage their stress and interaction to keep the team together until the bitter end.

And more...​

• Rest your weary, shell-shocked heroes at the Inn, where you can manage their stress and relationships with a variety of diversions and delights.
  • Uncover and experience the tragic origin stories of the heroes.
  • A stylish and dynamic evolution of Darkest Dungeon’s signature art style.
  • A return of the narration system and voice actor Wayne June!
  • Exciting improvements to the turn-based combat from Darkest Dungeon.
Recent interview with dev

Taken from comment section, someone made a guide to the interview.
1:03 How's Darkest Dungeon 2 going?
3:50 "Whatever success we had managed to find with the first game we don't take for granted that we can just ring it up and do it all again"
5:20 "We didn't wanted to make the same game again"
7:40 The "loop" of Darkest Dungeon 2
11:37 Torchless
13:52 Horizontal and Player Progression
16:01 About the whole "5 hour campaign" argument
24:03 Mod Supporting
28:21 Steam release
29:25 Characters absence
37:55 Healing and Stalling
41:34 Where to go? Waypoints and Combat
43:23 R.I.P Drifting with the Stage Coach
44:55 Scouting
46:34 Relationships
50:38 Backliners and Frontliners
52:45 How to give feedback
59:35 Tokens, Accuracy and Deathblow Resistance

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
  • A return of the narration system and voice actor Wayne June!
All that matters!

With all the mods out there you can basically play a completely different game these days, insane amount of classes and art, new bosses, full areas etc.

When they "release" the second one I hope they learned how to balance it properly post launch, they gave me serious whiplash with the insane amount of sweeping changes post launch on the daily. Was bad enough to shelve it for a while there.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Futurama Reaction GIF

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
Took me a while to give the first one a try, but it easily became one of the most fun games I’ve ever played. Can’t wait for this!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
This is an almost automatic purchase for me, but Epic exclusive for Early Access makes me go hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm - barf.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Darkest Dungeon gives me anxiety... I fell its an excellent stress simulator.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 5 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Screenshotted>
First one has, to date, best narration in a game, IMO. Bastion was a close second.

Really hope they knock this one out of the park too -- I'm sure this ~year until it comes out will be over before I know it.

• 2Like

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
A few buddies recommended the first one to me a couple weeks ago

Wasn't sure if I wanted to give it a run or not

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
First game is great, but EA can fuckoff. Especially when Epic's platform/UI is dogshit.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
A few buddies recommended the first one to me a couple weeks ago

Wasn't sure if I wanted to give it a run or not
It’s a really good game, give it the ole Steam 2 hour try. Even if it’s not on sale go for it, it’s worth full price.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Sooooo fuckin this!!
Just have to treat your whole party as a resource to consume and discard like you would a health potion. Eventually you have enough resources to build up a dream team, and you use the knowledge of loss to beat the big bads. Game isn't nearly as RNG as it appears to be.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Just have to treat your whole party as a resource to consume and discard like you would a health potion. Eventually you have enough resources to build up a dream team, and you use the knowledge of loss to beat the big bads. Game isn't nearly as RNG as it appears to be.

Oh I've beaten the game several ways...Just doesn't make my angst go away!

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Bahroo doing a 24hr EA stream going on:

Looks pretty nice so far.

Last edited:

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I am the guy who saves all my elixirs and health potions in RPGs, I need 99 of everything. You never know when you might need one. I even save them past the last boss, just in case!

• 4Solidarity
  • 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Bahroo doing a 24hr EA stream going on:

Looks pretty nice so far.
Holy shit this looks so good, the animations, the new travel system, the feel. They fucking knocking it out the park. The player though is making continuous terrible choices when fighting.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
I am the guy who saves all my elixirs and health potions in RPGs, I need 99 of everything. You never know when you might need one. I even save them past the last boss, just in case!

Last boss? Fuck that, there could be multiple difficult phases in this fight or even a secret boss AFTER the last one. I'm not using a goddamn potion ever.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users