Darkest Dungeon 2

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Still play the hell out of the first one. Looking forward to this.

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Fuck yeah! Let us hope it isn't a endless balance fixing mess like the first one on release.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Oh man, if they can make this one longer, more random, and add some sort of infinite building/survival mode then this one is going to be amazing.

I kickstarted the first one and will buy this day one.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
hell yeah, just started playing the first one again recently, pretty stoked for this

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
hell yeah, just started playing the first one again recently, pretty stoked for this
Have you tried using cheat engine's speed hack? It made my second play through so much more enjoyable by shaving off hours of wasted time walking down hallways and sitting through repetitive animations.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Oh man, if they can make this one longer, more random, and add some sort of infinite building/survival mode then this one is going to be amazing.

I kickstarted the first one and will buy this day one.

Apparently this game will be more of a journey and not just a camp. Reworking a lot of things.

Darkest Dungeon 2 is coming: exclusive first details | PC Gamer

What gameplay and other changes are you able to talk to us about at this time?

We’re playing this pretty close to the chest! Our combat system is making a return, but we’re giving it a significant tune-up—mechanically, and in terms of presentation. Most significantly, however, we are working with a completely different metagame structure. Darkest Dungeon 2 is a game about enduring a gruelling journey, not cleaning up your backyard.

Will be released on early access similarly to Darkest Dungeon.

• 1Like

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Coool, I really liked the first one in some ways but it was very flawed and felt "cheap" even for a cheap indie game.

The idea of a "Journey" instead of simply rehashing a very tiny amount of content over and over with it's stupidly grindy mechanics sounds like a very good idea to me.

I mean Salt and Sanctuary was another Indie game i bought for like 6.99, Why can it have vast amounts of content and a feeling of progression while DD often felt like a grindy flash game with miniscule amounts of content made by like one dude.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
This is a sign of how huge my steam backlog is. I'm only just now starting the first Darkest Dungeon.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cabales

Trakanon Raider
I love the first DD, but never completed it. I always play for a month or two, get distracted by another game, and then come back and start over 6 months later. Really looking forward to number 2 though.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I love the first DD, but never completed it. I always play for a month or two, get distracted by another game, and then come back and start over 6 months later. Really looking forward to number 2 though.

that's really the beauty of the modern crop of 10-20 dollar indie games, i haven't finished half of em but have put in 100s of hours

• 1Like

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
The first one was better without the DLC's, lets hope they keep that in mind.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
Coool, I really liked the first one in some ways but it was very flawed and felt "cheap" even for a cheap indie game.

The idea of a "Journey" instead of simply rehashing a very tiny amount of content over and over with it's stupidly grindy mechanics sounds like a very good idea to me.

I mean Salt and Sanctuary was another Indie game i bought for like 6.99, Why can it have vast amounts of content and a feeling of progression while DD often felt like a grindy flash game with miniscule amounts of content made by like one dude.

because it was essentially made by 1 dude. The whole team for the game was like 5 people

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
The first one was better without the DLC's, lets hope they keep that in mind.

This. Crimson Court mechanic was ridiculous and just ended up being additional useless micromanagement. And way too random.

DD is probably 4th highest for hours played in my Steam library, so looking forward to a new one!

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Crimson Court nearly ruins the game after you play it enough unfortunately. It starts out decently interesting with the massive layouts and new enemies, but eventually it just spreads to the entire game and it removes all the layers of strategy in planing your team comp/trinkets for specific dungeons because 75% of all your encounters are crimson court mobs anyway.

Then you finally hit a cure and the game becomes playable again for a while, until it isn't after enough time passes. Crimson Court mobs in general are super, super uninteresting as well are are the poster child for their poorly scaling difficulty in the late game where they just slap 75% protection on every single mob.

I've cleared the entire thing on every difficulty (yes including Stygian) and I just disable Crimson Court if I want to go back and play it these days.

• 1Like

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
If they can solve the uber grind that the last ten percent of the core game turned into, then this is a day one buy for me. Flawed or not, I loved DD, but that last bit of perpetual grind to clear the final dungeons is just complete drudgery.