Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
5.00 star(s) Rating: 5.00/5 1 Vote
Title: Dave

Genre: Comedy

First aired: 2020-03-04

Creator: Jeff Schaffer, Lil Dicky

Cast: Lil Dicky, Taylor Misiak, Andrew Santino, GaTa, Travis Bennett, Christine Ko

Overview: A suburban neurotic man in his late 20s has convinced himself that he’s destined to be one of the best rappers of all time. Now he must convince his closest friends, because with their help, he might actually convince the world.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Season 1 of Dave premiered on March 4, 2020.

I have not watched it yet. It looks funny and FX usually does things right. Hopefully this is a good one.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Just saw first episode, it's not bad. His real life character is pretty great as a neurotic nice guy type. Not too over the top, definitely makes me laugh when they get into deep conversations and you can tell they're ad-libbing.

Definitely will finish out the series as it airs.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Just watched the first episode and I loved it. It is the right amount of funny awkwardness.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
I had never heard of lil dicky before this thread, watched the first episode and laughed alot, this is gold so far.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Season 2 of this show finally airs today. If you havent seen it, do yourself a favor and watch it. Its hilarious, well acted, and well written.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Season 2 of this show finally airs today. If you havent seen it, do yourself a favor and watch it. Its hilarious, well acted, and well written.
Yeah, this show is criminally underrated. I was afraid China Virus was going to fuck this show and get it cancelled. So happy that it's back for Season 2.

This milking table episode and wooden T-shirt episode from season 1 is some of the funniest TV outside of What We Do in the Shadows.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
This season may be getting two artsy. We'll see. When shows like this get rave reviews and then get up their own ass it sucks. A lot of those series still redeem themselves by having like two full LUL episodes per season. I feel like that may end up being the case here.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
This season may be getting two artsy. We'll see. When shows like this get rave reviews and then get up their own ass it sucks. A lot of those series still redeem themselves by having like two full LUL episodes per season. I feel like that may end up being the case here.
Episode 2 was a lot funnier than E1, so I'm willing to stick it out.

I actually almost gave up on Season 1 after it got "serious" in the middle 2 or 3 episodes. I thought maybe they had frontloaded all the funny. But, I'm glad I stuck through it, because the last few episodes were gold.

Animosity

E1 was god awful. The only funny part was in the first 30 seconds when you think hes going to do something big and then hes at a Korean awards show lol. E2 was better but still not up to the standards of season 1.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, episode 3 was really odd. The observer stuff was kinda funny and the bromance shit was sorta hilarious at first, but then it turned super cringe by the end. The Kareem episode was better, but still not super great (although the line about kids with chicken pox was pretty fucking funny). The show is trying to do a weird blend of "serious" with funny and it hasn't worked out too well so far this season, whereas last year I felt like it worked a lot better.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Kind of lost interest after the first two episodes of season two. I'm still watching E3 and what the fuck is this?

This got super gay. Like, literally super gay.

Animosity

Kind of lost interest after the first two episodes of season two. I'm still watching E3 and what the fuck is this?

This got super gay. Like, literally super gay.
hah that episode intro was next level

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So season two is a fucking train wreck.

But I realized today, after reading about Lil Dicky, that it's basically a perfect allegory of his career. He basically came out on fire, albeit kind of weird, and then just did abso-fucking-lutely nothing ever since.

Every episode has just been super awkward and uncomfortable. There's essentially no jokes. It's just him alienating literally everyone around him. I have no idea what he's going for with this show, but I imagine this thing doesn't get a third season.

I saw someone compare this show to Louie, and I think that's pretty apt.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database