Day Shift (2022)

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
3.57 star(s) Rating: 3.57/5 7 Votes
Title: Day Shift (2022)

Genre: Fantasy

Director: J. J. Perry

Cast: Jamie Foxx, Meagan Good, Karla Souza, Scott Adkins, Eric Lange, Zion Broadnax, Snoop Dogg, Dave Franco, Natasha Liu Bordizzo, Oliver Masucci, Steve Howey, C.S. Lee, Tetiana Gaidar

Release: 2022-08-12

Plot: A hard-working blue-collar dad just wants to provide a good life for his quick-witted 8-year old daughter, but his mundane San Fernando Valley pool cleaning job is a front for his real source of income, hunting and killing vampires.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Looks like they ripped off every major action scene or vampire movie in the past 25 maybe 30 years wanted it all together under the creative guise of a pool man killing vampires.

I saw a Terminator 2, from dusk till Dawn, blade, and predator. I'm sure it will be as amazing as that army of the Dead movie.

I don't regret having gotten rid of Netflix a year ago.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
yeah Netflix movies do nothing for me. Maybe it's the relative lack of publicity or hype?

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
yeah Netflix movies do nothing for me. Maybe it's the relative lack of publicity or hype?
I can't think of a netflix film that was great. For every decent show they pump out that are decent, they have 100 shows that are complete garbage

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Looks like they ripped off every major action scene or vampire movie in the past 25 maybe 30 years wanted it all together under the creative guise of a pool man killing vampires.

I saw a Terminator 2, from dusk till Dawn, blade, and predator. I'm sure it will be as amazing as that army of the Dead movie.

I don't regret having gotten rid of Netflix a year ago.

You're making it sound pretty fucking awesome

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
My general rules for Netflix. The bigger the stars the worse the script. No name cast or one minor star means it'll either be sightly below average or pushing "the message". Finding an actual great Netflix movie is like spotting a unicorn.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Homsar

My general rules for Netflix. The bigger the stars the worse the script. No name cast or one minor star means it'll either be sightly below average or pushing "the message". Finding an actual great Netflix movie is like spotting a unicorn.
The Grey Man has an insane cast/ Directors and I have little hope the movie is good

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Here's what I said in November in the Netflix thread:

I'm definitely not supposed to be sharing any of this info with anyone (supersekret!) but just watched a fun movie with Jamie Foxx and vampires on the preview club. It is literally nothing new in the genre, I can pick it apart if I really choose to, and it suffers from a little wokeness (but not too much), but Foxx is charismatic as usual, the vamps are sufficiently creepy in a physical way (contorting all weird and shit), and motherfucking Snoop Dogg gets to hose them down with a minigun at one point! So overall I enjoyed it and am glad I watched it. The name is the exact opposite of Night Shift, if you get my meaning, just in case Netflix googles this shit to see who leaks info. No idea when it will come out, but I watched Don't Look Up about 6 months early, so maybe for next summer. The effects were way closer to being done than DLU though, so maybe sooner.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Animosity

You need to stop posting about movies and shows you have only watched 1/4 of the way and wait until you are done..

• 1Salty

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
7 / 10

Like Prey, this is a perfectly satisfying way to spend an evening. No pretension, just a standard vampire movie. No surprises

• 1Like

Goatface

little more on the silly side than i would like. certainly didn't get their money's worth for a reported $100m budget. as critical drinker would put it, a lot of very accommodating stuntmen. they should had a white guy do snoop's stunts just be in on how silly it looked.

• 1Like
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database