DDO-New Expansion Shadowfell Conspiracy Launching Summer 2013.

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

AlekseiFL_sl

shitlord
http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/02...nsion-for-ddo/

In a post wishing Dungeons & Dragons Online a happy anniversary, Senior Producer Erik Boyer did more than just reminisce on how far the game has come in the last seven years. He touched on a new enhancement system and incoming changes to astral diamond shards before slipping in the announcement of DDO's second expansion, which will launch this summer.

Named Shadowfall Conspiracy, the expansion turns attention back toward the Forgotten Realms and will feature new regions, new quests, and an increased level cap (28). Players will also have faster access to the Forgotten Realms thanks to a new prestige character feature called Iconic Heroes that gets you into the action starting at level 15. More information on this feature will be available in the coming months.

Boyer concludes his remarks with a hint about the true reincarnation system that will be focused on later in the year and a promise that "this year is going to be another great year for DDO -- with a big, cool new storyline, new D&D monster varieties, and powerful new character abilities."

Source: Shadowfell Conspiracy announcement

Blackwulf

N00b
While waiting for the next big MMO, heh, I've recently made my (5th?) return to DDO. I love how they've managed to keep improving this game through many free and paid updates and expansions. My main character is on his 10th life, and I think I'll finish him up to 20 then spend some time exploring the new Epic Gianthold. Should be pretty fun. I don't think DDO gets enough credit for many of the innovative things they've come up with, from reincarnating your character, to 'actiony' combat, to hand crafted dungeons with interesting options and clever designs that include traps, secret doors, optional bosses, etc.

There's a pretty steep learning curve, but if you just start out at level one and work your way up through the content, you'll pick things up as you go. I think people get overwhelmed when they try to obsess about perfect builds, and understand all the different types of crafting and character development form day 1. Just play it, enjoy it, and let that stuff sink in over time. Your first character can either be adjusted or reincarnated if you make a choice that you view as a mistake down the road.

Budos

Golden Knight of the Realm
What server are you from Black? I stopped at 16, 10th life, epic SoS etc. on Sarlona. Stopped a while after they added chronoscope.

Blackwulf

N00b
What server are you from Black? I stopped at 16, 10th life, epic SoS etc. on Sarlona. Stopped a while after they added chronoscope.
On Argonessen - I'm sitting at level 14 on my cleric life - lol I did 9 monk and gonna do 11 cleric and just TR pretty quick after I play around in epic GH. You'd probably get a kick out of the 20+ stuff they added - destinies and all that. ESOS is a beast
smile.png
Just take it slow and don't let all the new stuff overwhelm you, hehe. It's really not that bad.

smile.png

smile.png

Raika

Trakanon Raider
I recently started playing again as well (Quit last time when 16 was the cap, shround, hound, etc). Started a pure light monk this time, sitting at level 12 at the moment and am looking forward to reaching content I haven't done before.

I'm actually on Argonessen as well, character is Maydril.

Blackwulf

N00b
I recently started playing again as well (Quit last time when 16 was the cap, shround, hound, etc). Started a pure light monk this time, sitting at level 12 at the moment and am looking forward to reaching content I haven't done before.

I'm actually on Argonessen as well, character is Maydril.
Cool - I'll look for you. My main guy is Rophez - look me up if you wanna run through some quests.